1994 eg8 civic no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

muffin boy

Hi Guys,
i did an oil change on my civic last night, i flushed it with a mixture of oil and diesel. i started the engine and it ran for 10 seconds then stopped. i have since removed all of excess flush changed the filters and refilled the oil. Now i have no spark since it stopped during the flush. I have oil pressure, and i have compression but no spark, i took the dizzy cap off and checked the rotor is still spinning which it is, all the fuses and relays seem to be fine, fuel pump fires up, i hear the main relay click when i turn the key, any ideas?

I personally have never tested a dizzy itself - I always check to see if it is putting spark through wires - get a long screw driver put it in one of the wires and put the screw driver near something metal such as the frame and have somebody try to start it - start w/ number 1 cylinder and move through -

you could also open the dizzy and check to be sure all of the contacts are good - no corrosion or anything

Back