1994 Honda Civic Airbag help!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crex3

Ok i just traded for a 1994 Civic EX coupe. The dude before me had the drivers side airbag unplugged cause he didnt like them. (lil weird) but anyways he said all i have to do is plug the yellow plug back into place under the steering. I did this but the srs light remains on. I have no clue what to do and I really dont like driving around without the airbag and I can only imagin what the dealership would charge if I went there for them to fix. Thanks a bunch.

Scott

Originally posted by crex3@Oct 6 2004, 10:03 AM
Ok i just traded for a 1994 Civic EX coupe. The dude before me had the drivers side airbag unplugged cause he didnt like them. (lil weird) but anyways he said all i have to do is plug the yellow plug back into place under the steering. I did this but the srs light remains on. I have no clue what to do and I really dont like driving around without the airbag and I can only imagin what the dealership would charge if I went there for them to fix. Thanks a bunch.

Scott
[post=399105]Quoted post[/post]​

you have to have the dealer reset the srs computer.... or if the car was in a wreck, and the wirbags deployed, it will have to be replaced (the srs control unit). but a diag. of the srs system shouldnt be that expensive, and they can then tell you exactly why the light remains on...

My father had an idea of disconnecting the battery then reconnecting it. So i will prob try that then if that doesnt work ill prob take it in to the dealer. Thanks for the help.

Back