1998 Teg with ZC engine (?)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

since you dont live in the states you wont be paying the premium prices on motor swaps that we pay in the us, that said try to get a type r swap. if your getting a full gsr swap for 1400 then most likely you could find a type r swap for around 2500. either motor will be a very nice upgrade for your vehicle and you will be happy either way. i wouldnt bother with the ls motor if i were you, if your set on boost then get that gsr swap you found and boost that. what everyone isn't telling you is that properly boosting a vehicle costs money, lots of money.

reckedracing - actually both your wheels do spin without an lsd and an lsd doesn't spin perfectly together thats why its called LIMITED slip differential.

call me crazy but that is identical to a d16y8. Why would honda put that in a teg, it would be gutless.

Originally posted by twisted civic@Oct 13 2004, 01:51 PM
call me crazy but that is identical to a d16y8. Why would honda put that in a teg, it would be gutless.
[post=402202]Quoted post[/post]​

true its weak but it allows people to get a vehicle they like the looks of without worrying about power or price.

And with better fuel economy- something that's really important outside the US, given how expensive fuel is everywhere else.

All these people have given you some pretty solid advice. :)

reckedracing - actually both your wheels do spin without an lsd and an lsd doesn't spin perfectly together thats why its called LIMITED slip differential.

please elaborate, i think i need to be schooled...

photon - whats the curb weight of your car? it'll say it on the title if you don't know, just wondering if out of US tegs are lighter due to less safety measures?

and how much money do you have to work with??

from your "complete swap as last resort" i was under the impression funds were tight??

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 13 2004, 08:08 PM
[post=402208]Quoted post[/post]​

Except the part about ordering from HMO, shipping would be murder outside the US.

even if funds are tight if he is planning to run him self into auto manual swap he might as well do the motor at the same time.. if u just want to boost stick to your d series motor.. there cheap and if built right pretty damn reliable.. i had a d16 boosted at 15 psi for 3 years.. then i ran into some problems due to blowing my ring lans oh well no im b20 and using my pieces to piece together turbo.. if u just want daily driver just swap

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Oct 13 2004, 02:22 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 13 2004, 08:08 PM
[post=402208]Quoted post[/post]​

Except the part about ordering from HMO, shipping would be murder outside the US.
[post=402213]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah, you're right. I was talking about what to do, not where to buy from. Someone did say that he should try to get the engine from a local junk yard.

reckedracing
@Oct 13 2004, 02:29 PM
even if funds are tight if he is planning to run him self into auto manual swap

though mine is manual transmission

[post=402216]Quoted post[/post]​

The CarDomain link is the guy who wants to swap the transmission, not the thread starter.

yes there are sum tegs of that model with dohc zc's. there are two 4 door tegs here with twin carbed auto zc's and without a doubt they are extremely underpowered. since they are carbed am not sure if they are from the obd1 or the obd2 era. the owner of one of the two has swapped the auto zc with a boosted d15b m/t obd1 motor n i assume ( since there r no dragstrips in this country ) he does mid 2 late 14's at 10-14psi. am not aware of his setup but he lost to a 70 pontiac gto by abt 3 or 4 cars n the gto was gteched in the early 14's.

actually both your wheels do spin without an    and an    doesn't spin perfectly together thats why its called LIMITED slip differential.

please elaborate, i think i need to be schooled...

limited slip differentials use various mechanisms to allow normal differential action when going around turns. when a wheel slips, they allow more torque to be transferred to the non-slipping wheel. is not fixed or a locked which not be the greatest thing for turning, in previous days in drag racing they would weld the diff closed for better traction.

The car weights 1000Kg...It's manual transmission, uses 98 octane petrol and the steering system is on the right, 1590cc 4 cylinders... I'm in the army now, here we are obligated to do a 25 months service in the army... 2 years... So i don't get any money since i don't wark... maybe i'll leave as it is till i get a proper job...

Ouch. Compulsory military service. :(

If you can't scrape up the cash to mod the car, just save up and get something nice when you get out. :)

1000kg is pretty light for a 98 Integra though! Are you sure it isn't closer to 1250kg?

Nop, it's 1000kg, i got it weighed :p And the military is not that bad, you get to go to places, for free(in the back of a truck) :p The only problem is i don't see my car and my girl too often...

Wow. That's a light Integra! 120ps shouldn't really be THAT bad then- it would perform better than a CRX Si.

Man that car is beautiful.... Don't waste it by keeping that ZC shit in there. Go all out!!! B18C or H22!!! Take advantage of what you got. If not sell that fucker to someone that'll do it right! :bash: :bash:

Back