$200 CRX is now boosted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CSaddict

Well its done. Took a while because I did it after work and in between other stuff that I needed to make.

Stock 1990 CRX SI D16A6
wMTA2NzE2MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Custom cross member and radiator support made by me.
wMTExMjA2MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Intercooler mounted
wMTExMjA2MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Some charge pipe fitment.
wMTExMjA2NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Manifold and DP I made.
wMTEyNDI5NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Assembled
wMTEyNzc3MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Greddy Knock off
wMTEyNzc3MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTEyNzc3NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTEyNzc3NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Done
wMTEyNzc3NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Setup
Garrett T3/T04B .48 exhaust "S" trim from Hotrex (bought from Blaast performance)
Mini ram horn manifold made by me
2nd gen DSM 450's from Ebay
PM6 chipped by me running Turbo edit
Charge pipes made by me from www.LSDmotorsports.com
Oil line kit from www.LSDmotorsports.com
Bar and plate intercooler from www.LSDmotorsports.com
Autommeter Ultralite Boost gauge from the HMT classifieds
3" Stainless Steel Downpipe made by me
Turbonetics Creep gate from the HMT classifieds
Greddy Knock off BOV from Ebay
Custom Traction Bar/Crossmember made by me
6 puck sprung clutch from www.LSDmotorsports.com (not installed yet)
All said and done it cost less than $1000 to buy the car and build the turbo kit. It runs very well thanks to Jordan (Mahcivic) lending me a .bin for my PM6. I tried to make a basemap but I suck at turboedit I guess. Its only at 5 psi because of an exhaust leak before the turbo. I didn't get my gasket in time so I made one out of sheetmetal. It didn't work that good and I ran out of time. One more minute and I would have been divorced! I didn't want to drive it open downpipe too long. My 3" Kteller exhaust should be here by Wednesday I hope.

Special Thanks:
HMT for all the supprt and ideas
Mike at www.LSDmotorsports.com for coming through with all the parts.
Hotrex for lending time and fab help
Ne3ek for helping get that pile of shit BOV to work
Mahcivic for a good running .bin

Lastly my wife who tolerates this ridiculous hobby of mine!

looks good. i'll be talkinf with you or josh soon when i get my std project going.

not a bad setup. looks pretty good too. id probably do something similar if i wanted to turbo my crx :thumbsup:

another excellent example as to why we are the og NE CREW

solid work dave , solid work . my motor is almost done, so stay tuned for my thread soon.

that setup is F**KING WEAK!

just playing. thats pretty hot man, especially for the price. i wish i had mad skills to make my own manifold too. keep up the good work :worthy:

how bad is the bov? i like the soun of the greddy type rs and i saw the knock off version on ebay(i'm assuming that 's the one your have) and figured it would prolly sound the same but how is it so bad?

Quoted post[/post]]
Nice setup bro.

Quoted post[/post]]
Actually I'm new at TurboEdit. OBD0 sucks. I have always run Uberdata and I always tune myself. I actually Dyno tune locally.

Are you In CT? Any chance of a Hondaswap Discount at the dyno?
I dont own the dyno. I'm only the Honda/Acura consultant. I do all the chipping. I also do OBDI GM chipping. The place I do work for is very expensive. They do mostly Corvettes. www.jandmmotorsports.com Mike owns the place and tunes like a mad man. He is the best around for domestics. He tunes Mustangs like you read about.

if you need some pointers with TE let me know too.. its kinda gay, esp with the map over-lay deal, but hey, it beats the hell out of the hack.

here's a bin i made for a pm6-zc running a SSautoshit setup on their super-70 with dsm 550's

check the injector option to drop to 450's and give it a run... watching the wideband of course :p

https://hondaswap.com/tuning/turboeditN...er70._11psi.bin

Quoted post[/post]]
if you need some pointers with TE let me know too.. its kinda gay, esp with the map over-lay deal, but hey, it beats the hell out of the hack.

here's a bin i made for a pm6-zc running a SSautoshit setup on their super-70 with dsm 550's

check the injector option to drop to 450's and give it a run... watching the wideband of course :p

https://hondaswap.com/tuning/turboeditN...er70._11psi.bin

Thanks I'll check it out. The map I am starting with has a lot of street tuning on it. Jordan spent many hours with his PLX on this map.

dude, thats soooo cool. i want to boost my CRX w/a d16a9 and make 200 whp... im new to d series but...

well anyway... good lookin kit

Back