2000 GSR clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FakeTypeR

are all B18 clutchs the same....or do i have to find a clutch and flywheel for just a GSR? Type R's seem to be diffrent but i donno why?

a type r tranny will fit a gsr motor, i believe

i don't think all b18 clutches/flywheels are the same, but i know a type r transmission is compatible w/ a GSR motor

i think a 2000 GSR tranny has an LSD if that's what you're looking for (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

what motor do you have, anyway? a b18c1?

yea its a b18c1....im lookin to get a new clutch and flywheel cuz my clutch is on its last leg....trying to get it outa there before i get stuck on the road..on ebay clutchs are cheap as hell i just dont wanna buy the wrong one...i donno if type R stuff will work..i. dont see why not..i just donno tho

all B series trannys can bolt on other B series engines its just that some are cable and some are hydro. the 2000 gsrs dont have LSD.

I got my clutch from www.coximport.com I got the exedy street/strip disc with the 32% increase holding capacity pressureplate. They are pretty cheap and they have free shipping. takes about a week to get to your house. If you look at the part numbers the disc are the same number but the throwout bearings are different for some. So some of the things are interchangeable and some arnt. You should get one for your gsr just to be safe.

Yeah, Exedy street disc is good stuff, i have one. It doesn't like a lot of hard driving, though. it'll slip a little after being pushed hard for extended lengths of time.

Originally posted by highperboi@Mar 11 2004, 10:00 PM
all B series trannys can bolt on other B series engines its just that some are cable and some are hydro. the 2000 gsrs dont have LSD.

:huh:

does the jdm integra xsi have lsd?? i heard some type of gsr/xsi does, but now i'm not sure

In japan, the GSR was offered in a LSD version, however, Japan always gets the good stuff and we get shafted.

Here, only the b18c5 (ITR) came with an LSD.

as for clutches, all hydrolic b series trannys use the same clutch, LS, GSR, or ITR or SI. Just look at partnumbers on big sites.

Acording to prostreetonline, all the 90-2001 flywheels are the same too.

There however is not a universal LSD for all the b series hydro trannys. There is a diffrence in some of the ring gears.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 12 2004, 11:30 AM
In japan, the GSR was offered in a LSD version, however, Japan always gets the good stuff and we get shafted.

as for clutches, all hydrolic b series trannys use the same clutch, LS, GSR, or ITR or SI. Just look at partnumbers on big sites.

There however is not a universal LSD for all the b series hydro trannys. There is a diffrence in some of the ring gears.

:hmm:

so then is a jdm gsr tranny (w/ LSD) compatible w/ a usdm gsr motor?

Originally posted by complicity+Mar 12 2004, 08:41 AM-->
asmallsol
@Mar 12 2004, 11:30 AM

:hmm:

so then is a jdm gsr tranny (w/ LSD) compatible w/ a usdm gsr motor?

yep, 100%

Back