1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 GSR

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Loil, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Loil

Loil Member

HI! I just bought a 2000 GSR. I want to gain more power, but are not sure what to spend my money on first. I was thinking of a skunk2 intake manifold and a aem V2 CAI. Do your think this is the first step i should take? How much hp do you rthink i would gain from this? Also, plz give advice to what i should spend my cash on first. I am a college student so my budget is very tight. Thanks a whole lot for your responses.

2. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

start off with the basic to let that engine breathe better. intake, header, exhaust, skunk2 IM if you have the money. then go into the internals and be sure to keep the future in mind. i.e. whether or not you plan to go FI or stay NA.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

hoenstly, what do you want out of it and how much do you have to spair is the real question.

4. Loil

Loil Member

i want to get at least 200 whp. plz help me with the necessary parts. Thanks!

5. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

start off with a iceman intake, JDM ITR header or a DC JDM style 4-1 header, an upgraded cat and a apexi ws exhaust... or something similar. that should get you ~10-15hp.

6. Sergey P.A.

Sergey P.A. Senior Member

what you mean 10-15 wheel horses or to flywheel,

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted