2000 USDM ITR ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's removed. Just wanna know what I need to do to use for my JDM ITR. I know it will plug in, but I just don't know if I can run it. Some sensors aren't on the JDM motors. Thanks

USDM Will look for 2 o2 sensors, jdm 1. USDM will look for a knock sensor, JDM won't. thats all I Know about the differences

If I hook it up to my setup will it work or will it just look for the sensors? I'm trying to get my motor BAR'd and I got a deal from a guy to swap his 00 US ITR ecu for my JDM 00 CTR ecu. So since I will be straight swapping it with him, I just wanna know if I'm able to run the ECU going home? There's other ways to pick it up but I'm in the process of getting all the parts I need to pass. Thanks for the reply tho.

Should run, but probably throw CEL from not finding the knock sensor and put you in limp mode. also are you running 2 o2 sensors?

I'm running one o2. A friend told me that I'd have to put an integra oil pump and another o2 on my motor to make it US spec. Also gotta change my intake/exhaust manifold to USDM ones. Sucks but I'll replace everything after so it'll be koo. Just working on getting the right ECU which is a 2000 USDM ITR ECU w/ a disabled immobilizer.

the problem that you're going to hit is the fact that the jdm motor doesn't have a vtec pressure switch, but the usdm motor/ecu does.
you might have a problem with vtec activation.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 27 2004, 10:01 PM
the problem that you're going to hit is the fact that the jdm motor doesn't have a vtec pressure switch, but the usdm motor/ecu does. 
you might have a problem with vtec activation.
[post=408398]Quoted post[/post]​

damn, seems like a lot to go thru and expensive. should have just gotten a USDM motor. you'll need a knock sensor, wire in a 2nd O2 sensor, and get a VTEC solenoid/pressure switch from a VTEC motor (b or d series, doesn't matter). the car will run without the 2nd O2 sensor but will throw codes and cause you to fail SMOG i would imagine. i'm leaving other stuff out im' sure but that's the basics. it's basically like converting an obd1 motor to obdII, which is a huge PITA. i think the best thing is see if you can straight up trade someone your motor for a USDM motor. i think that would be easier than going thru all this stuff.

s

naw, not at all. the jdm itr motor is fine. its the usdm ecu on it that sucks.

if i were you, i'd get a hondata system with a p28 ecu.
no knock to worry about, and you can disable the vtec pressure switch with hondata.
the abse system is under 300 bucks.
add another 200 for a couple pulls on the dyno with a tuner (tuning a stock motor is cake when theres tons of base maps around)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 28 2004, 07:04 PM
naw, not at all. the jdm itr motor is fine. its the usdm ecu on it that sucks.

if i were you, i'd get a hondata system with a p28 ecu.
no knock to worry about, and you can disable the vtec pressure switch with hondata.
the abse system is under 300 bucks.
add another 200 for a couple pulls on the dyno with a tuner (tuning a stock motor is cake when theres tons of base maps around)
[post=408680]Quoted post[/post]​

If I go Hondata, then I can't take it to the referee to be bar'd then right? If I could then I'd definitely do it, but it's highly doubtful since my car will be running OBD1.

bah, cali fuckign sucks. i must've msised that part.

either way, you're going to fail.

you need 2 o2's to pass for obd2.

You can still pass if you get a "nice" referee. Ive heard of tons of people doing this and even my brother in law's uncle does it. Go to Richmond, lots of people willing to be "nice" to you if you're "nice" to them. Especially Asians because they're money hungry.

Back