2007 Si - Would You Buy It?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
2007 Used Honda Civic Si CIVIC SI at Honda Bloomfield Serving Bloomfield Hills, MI, IID 7453093

I am tempted by this car. I went and drove it on Saturday. It's got a Greddy exhaust and RBC intake manifold. It's been tuned on Hondata as well. The dealership doesn't know exactly how much power it makes, but it feels pretty solid. It's also lowered (don't know what with yet), and is set up for HIDs.

Cons I see are:
-Mileage somewhat high for the year (almost 70k)
-Hood has some rock chips that have rusted and the windshield is cracked. I don't know what the deal with the windshield is. It's a pretty decent crack but the Carfax shows no accidents. They said they would replace it.
-Janky side skirts that are held on with double-sided tape. I would want them off, but I don't know what it will look like underneath.
-Car is lowered already (which is a good thing), but it could be with cheap junk.
-With the mileage and the mods, it's possible the car was beat on. And because of the mods and the mileage, Honda won't certify it or offer a warranty.

Thoughts? They were trying to sell it to me for 16 on Saturday, so if I could get it for 12,900 AND trade in my Integra AND throw some cash on it too, that would look pretty nice financially. I wonder about the reason for the price drop though...

i was shopping for that generation SI about 2 months ago. thats a good price for it. you would want to clean it up a little bit though. i would definitely make sure the carfax is legit.

they wont certify it because of the mileage and they will lose money on the deal providing the warranty service.

i would buy it and then sell your integra. it's a great price. i bet they raped someone on the trade in though. and they will do the same to you.

Yeah, they actually printed out the Carfax for me at the dealership and I compared the VINS, so I think it's legit. I dunno, maybe something fell on the windshield. Who knows.

I think my Integra would only be worth about 2k private. It runs well, but it's beat up. So if they were to offer anything near that on a trade-in, I'd probably take it...

Judging by the wear on the bolsters, a fat ass drove the thing. Take it on a good long test drive. The 3rd gear synchro's are prone to occasionally grinding.

i would buy it if i wanted/needed a car. i prefer the silver and blue and a little less modified. but for that price, it's pretty good.

That's actually pretty normal for the seats in this gen. Mine look similar, it's simply because the bolsters are fairly substantial so they flex a lot. They don't look torn or anything, I wouldn't worry about it.

I like the wheels, whole car looks pretty solid in fact. I wouldn't be too concerned about the lowering equipment either, if they sprung for a GReddy exhaust they probably at least got decent springs.

Sideskirts are kinda janky but don't look terrible at a distance.

We paid 15K for our 2007 SI with around 30K miles on it 2 years ago.

Just sayin.....

Edit, if I remember right it was 15.5 OTD

Sideskirts are kinda janky but don't look terrible at a distance.

Yeah, they're even jankier up close. I was going to see if they could remove those for me.

I did take it on a nice, long test drive. The car felt pretty solid, and the exhaust sounds nice. I'm going to have them appraise the Integra tomorrow...

Also, I don't know why the previous owner took off the Si badge and stuck an Element SC badge on it, but that would need to go too...

So, revisiting this topic...

I decided against this car and went a different route instead:

RSX01.jpg

Here's one more:

RSX02.jpg

I'll grab some more pics later. I'm really happy with it. It's a 2006 Type-S, so it's literally the best and newest RSX anyone could get at this point. It was certified twice by the Acura stealership, so it's in GREAT shape.

I just need to find some floor mats for it...

Looks really clean. I'd get rid of that air deflector thing with a quickness.

Back