2012 Veloster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this is a base model... but has the same transmission as the VT. infact, 95% of the parts are the same.

Can't wait to see what it can do once you find a diff for it.

Here we go again....

don't hate :)

got my snow tires mounted over the weekend. you can see how much wider the slicks are with them stacked up :lol:

1395234_10151979443811763_2089156934_n.jpg

whiteline bar broke as i turned onto my street. i think it may be due to my NGM springs being too soft, or a product defect.

1383190_10151985264026763_106028066_n.jpg

Got the car exterior detailed, cut/buff/wax for the winter. looks like new again :)

If by "Looks new" you mean "Like it was stolen b MS-13, brought to Tijuana for a paint job and had a minor engine fire on the way"

i didnt think BMW owners had car envy :) but i learn something new everyday.

Changed out the cabin air filter it was nasty! required at 30K anyways.

Put the snows on. Front pass side may have a leak it was flat. I filled it back up and will check it later on. Could be just because it was on the bottom of the stack.... i didn't raise the car because i'm not a bitchy subaru owner :) :ph34r:

995874_10152022243441763_1837794964_n.jpg

3400 miles.... draining the catch can. I spilled a little bit too so it did accumulate more than this. I don't normally take pictures of this stuff but wanted to show that it has been working.
1457705_10152022242891763_669780081_n.jpg

there is currently an AOS group buy going down on the veloster forum and i'm on the fence.

personally i feel this is much better since the oil has trace amounts of gas in it which is obviously bad.... or am i just worrying over nothing?

the upside to AOS? not having to empty the damn can every other month. then again my can is so large i could probably empty it once a year.

When I had a breather box on my Civic it filled with some nasty looking shit. Granted, that car was turbo'd so there was probably a lot more blow-by.

If I were you, I wouldn't change your setup. It ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

i really agree. i feel i need a much better argument to ditch the can that works just fine and requires little maintenance.

besides, the dealer would probably just mess it up trying to put oil in the car.

I'm so glad I don't have a catch can on my cr-z, otherwise I'd see all of the crap that gets sucked back into the engine.

Back