2013 Titan SV Premium

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So is this a lease or did you buy it?

And when you say they waived the damage and the overage, did they really cover it or just roll it into the truck?

One thing about dealers is they rarely do something out of the goodness of their heart. There's always an end game.

No this is a lease....and no they didn't roll over any overages and/or dmg fee's they are simply waived.

not that her car had any real dmg other then a small scratches here and there but she was she was over her mileage.

Nissan has great buy backs for leases. It benefits them because they get a low mileage car back and get you in to another nissan and they move new inventory.

Right on man. I'm very jealous. I can't wait to make saturdays out of going to the dump for my own place and getting beers on the way home. :)

yeah the previous home owners left behind quite a few things in the garage that i need to get rid of from remodelling, and shit in the garage attic...i have old furniture i need to get rid of as well. tons of shit...

Curious, What kind of term did you get on your lease? I always wonder about auto leases as they tend to depreciate so much upfront.

Leasing is all about the residual value.

As always, it pays to shop around. I just picked up a 2013 Charger RT. First deal came in at 291 on a 36 month with 10000 miles/yr and 633 up front. Basically first payment, doc fees, etc. Not too bad I thought, but wanted to sleep on it.

My neighbor across the street is a Dodge salesperson and said he could do better. Came back with 12000 miles at 273 for 3 years. Called back the first guy and said I was gonna pass. He called me back and said they were running a "special today and really needed to sell some cars" and said they'd get rid of the 633 and do sign and drive. Told him I'd think about it, called my neighbor back and he said sign and drive at 281 with the 12000 miles.

Car stickers out at around 33000. Only options are the 20s and upgraded sound system. Gonna be a little odd not having 3 pedals on the floor though.

Leasing is all about the residual value.

As always, it pays to shop around. I just picked up a 2013 Charger RT. First deal came in at 291 on a 36 month with 10000 miles/yr and 633 up front. Basically first payment, doc fees, etc. Not too bad I thought, but wanted to sleep on it.

My neighbor across the street is a Dodge salesperson and said he could do better. Came back with 12000 miles at 273 for 3 years. Called back the first guy and said I was gonna pass. He called me back and said they were running a "special today and really needed to sell some cars" and said they'd get rid of the 633 and do sign and drive. Told him I'd think about it, called my neighbor back and he said sign and drive at 281 with the 12000 miles.

Car stickers out at around 33000. Only options are the 20s and upgraded sound system. Gonna be a little odd not having 3 pedals on the floor though.

Interesting. That's a pretty good price for you. $10,116 to drive the car for 3 years. They definitely undercut the rate to move it. Leasing is all about volume, service, and residual sale on the used market.

Ouch, I could never lease... I put over 20k on the truck every year, and that's without leaving the Dallas area and with still having 2 other cars to drive regularly.

But nice truck! I love my Frontier.

Gonna be a little odd not having 3 pedals on the floor though.

It sucks that it is so hard to get a manual, especially if you want a bigger motor. I don't think that there are any fullsized pickups with a manual anymore.

Interesting. That's a pretty good price for you. $10,116 to drive the car for 3 years. They definitely undercut the rate to move it. Leasing is all about volume, service, and residual sale on the used market.
From working in the industry for about a year now, I've gain quite an understanding of how things work. Basically, the salesmen want to put you in a car. They don't care what price it's going to take to do that, because these days, they pretty much always make a flat rate on a sale. You pay $2k more, they don't see any extra. So any sales negotiation is really with the managers.

It is always nice to know someone at the dealership though. My mom now drives an Infiniti. My manager actually just started at the bottom dollar, employee price. She pays less than a salesman and a manager that drive the same exact car.

It sucks that it is so hard to get a manual, especially if you want a bigger motor. I don't think that there are any fullsized pickups with a manual anymore.

Yeah I agree. It's got the paddle shifters on the wheel and the left/right toggle on the shifter itself, but my left foot feels left out. I considered a Focus ST, I really like the way they look, and the reviews have been really positive, but I guess I just feel like I need a "grown up" car. It seems I'm getting old.

terms are 39/m lease $1000 down, $445 a month

That seems steep to me, but that's coming from a guy that's been driving a car with a bungee holding the hood in place for almost 2 years, so my opinion may not hold any weight. If I was gonna make a $450 payment on something I would do a purchase. Your $1000 cap cost reduction or whatever they call it is another $25/ month. How many miles do you get with that?

So, with the 'rebates,' and not counting any 'rebates' you may get when you take it back, you're going to pay $17363 to Nissan to drive this for 39 months?

If he's happy with it then it's a good deal. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

So, with the 'rebates,' and not counting any 'rebates' you may get when you take it back, you're going to pay $17363 to Nissan to drive this for 39 months?

That seems steep to me, but that's coming from a guy that's been driving a car with a bungee holding the hood in place for almost 2 years, so my opinion may not hold any weight. If I was gonna make a $450 payment on something I would do a purchase. Your $1000 cap cost reduction or whatever they call it is another $25/ month. How many miles do you get with that?

If he's happy with it then it's a good deal. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Just to put it in perspective, if i was to purchase the truck with same deal, the final sales price would have been $34,150 after rebates and $1000 down. For 60 months at 5.9% rate that would be a car payment of $659/m and thats without taxes included and dealer fee's, which would push the payments into the $700's

My payment is $445 for 39/m and i get 15k miles a year on the lease. I believe they said the buyout of the truck at the end was 19,000+

Sorry if it sounded like I meant you didn't get a fair deal. I was more implying that my cheap ass would never make a $450 payment, whether on a purchase or lease.

Sorry if it sounded like I meant you didn't get a fair deal. I was more implying that my cheap ass would never make a $450 payment, whether on a purchase or lease.

no not at all man...i was just trying to explain lol...im very happy with the deal.. i went in expecting them not to be able to to come even close because i was running the numbers myself and i was in the 600+ a month range on a lease but i didn't know about the rebates and what not.

i went in with my wife thinking at least i can get an idea of how much more i need to put down to get the payment where i want it. If it didn't work out she would be driving a new Rogue lol.

We were both shocked to be honest.

its all good though. i got what i wanted with a payment lower then i wanted with the options i didn't think i could get.

My wife is fine with driving the Infiniti but in a year or so we'll trade that in for aonther Rogue or keep it until the lease is up and just buy a used low mileage Rogue. She likes the Rogue

Everyone should buy what makes them happy, thats all i gotta say. be smart about it of course but be happy with it. And if that happiness only last a couple years, a year, hell 6 months, go get something else that makes you happy.

Is there any service included in a lease? I've never leased anything before. I think by month 25 or so, i'd stop changing the oil knowing I was giving it back soon. lol

Nice truck, I love my nissans as well! My current xterra has been the best vehicle ive ever owned.

I have been thinking about leases lately as well. Id love to replace my X with a brand new one, but Im really more in the market for a replacement for the wifes RSX (looking at new Honda CRZ). Like B, i was wondering what happens with service and oil changes during a lease? are you required to go to the dealer, and do you have to pay full price for every little thing they want to do it?

First oil change is free. I know with my Infiniti i prepaid all the scheduled services by rolling them into my monthly payments and you save half the cost.

You are not required to service your vehicle there but i can tell you this, if you do, in the end you will get a better deal trading it back in because they will have all the service records. for $18 bucks a month more i could have pre paid the services and saved but i honestly forgot to ask until all the paper work was signed.

So, it's only beneficial to you to do maintenance if you plan to lease again, immediately after, and from the same dealer?

So, it's only beneficial to you to do maintenance if you plan to lease again, immediately after, and from the same dealer?

not really sure what you mean? Are you saying if you leased a car you would never do service it?

Is there any service included in a lease? I've never leased anything before. I think by month 25 or so, i'd stop changing the oil knowing I was giving it back soon. lol

That's what one of my buddies did- 18k miles straight on his A4 and never changed the oil. I think he might have changed it around the 25k mark. Maybe.

Back