20k motor build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraenthusiest

I have roughly 20k to build up the 94 gs-r. I really need some ideas as to where to go with this. I know im keepin the gsr motor. with my generous funding should i go high boostin beast or should i go high revvin all motor monster? I want to keep this car streetable and i might be able to get around that e-check shit cuz their are alot of areas around me that dont require that. So just post up on this thread with ur ideas. with the previous threads on this site i have read mostly everybody seems to be very well educated on stuff like this. Please give me some ideas. :worthy: :worthy:

OH and by the way, i really HATE- :fr:

Ok, 20k is a lot more than you will need for a street machine.

But here it goes:
-bore motor to 2.0L and sleeve with Darton Sleeves
-IB spec rods
-IB spec low compression pistons (9:1)
-Turbo (I don't know much in this department, maybe a T-66?)
-Full race turbo manifold
-FMIC that doesn't suck
-Hondata + tuning
-New fuel delivery system
-*Get an ITR tranny*

Other stuff you will need:
-New suspension (Some coilover package, you CAN'T drag with shitty suspension!!!!)
-New front and rear lower tie bars
-Tower bar and upper rear bar
-chasis brace
-traction bars
-Big Brake package from Brembo
-Might want to go with a cage or roll bar
-Racing Seat
-A Helmet
-random other shit so that you can meet regulations to race a REALLY fast car.

It really depends on what you want to do with the car. Personally I wouldn't dump $20K into that car, I would put that $20k towards something that was fast from the factory.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 11 2004, 07:48 AM
It really depends on what you want to do with the car. Personally I wouldn't dump $20K into that car, I would put that $20k towards something that was fast from the factory.

I think that's the best advice you'll get, if you really have 20k laying around just to build an engine with.

take that money and put a fat down payment on an A6 2.7 Bi-Turbo
get a chip and some boltons
you'll be somoking stupid ricers all day long while riding in comfort

so from what im seeing from the last three posts, i should get something like a 240sx/300zx/eclipse gsx-t, something to that extent. or should i just get a newer supra and just do p&p, cams, valves, and stuff like that?

Shit, 20k will get you a 2002-2003 WRX with $2-4k left over to drop into performance.

Or, put 20k toward an STi or EVO, so then you'd have 280-300 hp, AWD, lots of other goodies that come stock, and only a $8k car loan. Not bad for that much performance out of the box.

Yeah if it were me, i would get a sti or a supra. But having 20k to play with in my car would be really nice also. If you want to keep your car and spend that money on it, I would turbo the motor and builld the shit out of it.

20k wow.

You canpretty much "pimp" your ride for that. Except instead of all that stereo junk and monitors, you do the motor, its the same cost. they must put in like 7-8k in stereo and monitor stuff in all the cars.

Jeff

Yea, i used to be into all this sound system stuff until i say the light. Now i still want a decent suond system but there's no way ur gonna get me to spend over 1k on the system. Now i just want a fully built motor that runs good and is hella fast. And the only cosmetic things im gonna do to my car is maybe a lip kit and a carbon fiber hood.

like i say all the time-I HATE :fr:

Dont bother spending that much money on a FWD honda, have some fun and get a rwd so you can drift lol thats what im doing

dude.....just give me the 20k so it doesnt go to waste in a honda that will not last long

my friend got an r32....i thought it was gonna suck nuts....then i drove it and realized the biggest v6 VW has to offer + AWD is nice....

or id get an m3...bitches love the M

with that kind of fundage, I'd totally build a NA monster. What I originally wanted to build then went boosted...

Dart 2.0+ block
Crower 95mm crank
Custom Cunningham/Pauter rods
Custom CP pistons, wrist pin relocated upwards, at least 12.5:1 piston compression, extra deep valve reliefs
RLZ Ported head with all the trimmings
RM cams/valvetrain - prob M24X or M25
TWM 55mm ITB setup, custom velocity stacks

What I think would be really fun to do now:
JDM K20A longblock
Toda cams (the ones that are more aggressive than As but still let you play with i-Vtec - as in Derek Stevens's of Hondata's car)
Some super pimpy header
Some pimpy 2.5" exhaust
Custom 55mm ITB setup
Hondata K-pro ECU
Shitload of dyno time

I wouldn't be surprised if you could crack 300whp without touching the bottom end with that setup, let alone if you got rods + custom forged pistons with deep valve reliefs for i-Vtec friendliness. Derek is already putting down nearly 270 at church's last time I checked without the ITBs.

NA power is more of a challenge than boosted power, IMHO. You could have an insane amount of power from a boosted motor, but if you have 20g to drop, I'd look towards something more fun, unique and challenging.

20grand. Man I have always loved the Silvia. But don't listen to what anybody tells you, just do what you wanna do cuz you think it is cool not cuz people tell you it is. I can think of a million things for you to do with your money but it is gonna be what I want. It all just comes down to this, no matter what you do with the money you will have to decide on doing only one thing. Even if you get tired of it latter and start thinking, man I should have gotten something else. Which will happen trust me. But just do what YOU wanna do.

Peace

Dude fuck buying a new car, a built up turbo GSR will fuck up any car you can buy for 20-30k.

You want RWD? put your fully built GSR-T in the rear such as that article where they put the H22-T in the trunk of the del sol.

Personally though i would go for nicely modified K20A, that is my dream

Back