20k motor build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yea i was lookin at the se-r spec v and i really didnt like what i saw. Its pretty slow for the money u pay and just cause its a six speed doesnt make it fast. take the sti and the evo8 for example, the sti was faster in the 1/4 but the evo beat it to 60 by about 2/10 of a second. if i decide not to go with the gs-r, i was thinking of gettin an r-32 gts-t from motorex. I dont know if nebody else read this article but i read about the same skyline doin high nines in the 1/4 and it was street legal! Now that is a car. And about the whole s2000 thing alot of people are suggesting-NO, i will not buy a convertible, it will not happen, i know u can buy the snap on hard top for it but i read that it was really horrible and made alot of noise once u got above 65mph. But keep the posts commin, i really do consider and think about everything people write. :worthy:

I know of people that have had 20 grand into their car. But it happened over time. Dont you think 20 grand is alot to put into your car at once. If i were you i would by a rsx type-s. I think they are bad ass cars and you can find one for around 22 grand. Id pick one of those up. And put like 16000 down and put four grand into that biotch and have fun.

i know this may sound a little far fetched, but how bout you plan out what it actually is you wanna do, and then spend the ammount of money it takes, why do you have to spend 20k, how bout do everything ya want to the car then put the remainder in the bank, could be me but does that sound to crazy, ohh and 1 other thing, your never going to get that money back out of the car when you sell it, just food for thought. :D

It would be cool if I could build a car to my own liking one day with unlimited budget in mind. Maybe thats what this guy is doing.

I have a pretty bad ass car already, but if I threw like 10+ more K at it, it woudl be rediculous sick.

Jeff

I havent totally planned out what i wanna do but i have givin this alot of thought. but i do know what i want out of this-streetlegal, low 12-low 11sec. And be relible for the most part. And the reason i said 20k is because thats what i will spend if i have to. Now how much power do u think i could get with a fully built teg with 30psi of boost? Just curious.

considerably more then you'd need to run 12's

just one quick point....that 450+ hp civic in SCC mag, is useless. even on low boost its a pain to drive. even if you build some dyno queen/ track monster, alot of times its more work to drive normally then it is fun.

check with import builders about a setup on his site. i have other sites too that send you an entire engine and tranny ready for what you want to do to it. personally, i am doin an H22 and buildin a nice NA setup so i can drive it and have it be reliable, and adding nitrous for racing. power at the push of a button.

if i were to build a "B18" i'd buy a dart block, and use all the accessories from my stock GSR that i couldn't replace with upgraded ones. Rather then sleeving i mean. its upto you tho. if you want to PM me i'll link you to a couple sites.

i like the guys idea to get a wrx or a supra thats money well spend or you can invest a little more in a sti or evo and have AWD!!

thats a damn good number, but from which engine, cause remember torque will be the spin issue. also, is that boosted? if so, buy a 2 stage auto switching boost controller. <or something of that nature> launch @ low boost in 1st and 2nd, then hit high boost for the rest of the gears. less spin, better times

Originally posted by integraenthusiest@Jun 15 2004, 09:45 AM
I havent totally planned out what i wanna do but i have givin this alot of thought. but i do know what i want out of this-streetlegal, low 12-low 11sec. And be relible for the most part. And the reason i said 20k is because thats what i will spend if i have to. Now how much power do u think i could get with a fully built teg with 30psi of boost? Just curious.

BTW pal, it can NEVER be street legal.

I believe its illegal to modify the fuel system in any way.

That means you can't change injectors. UNLESS you have CARB approval.

And you can't in CA, at least. If you can't change injectors, your stuck in the 13's until kingdom come.

i didnt know that about the fuel system but, i live on almost the opposite site of the country and i know the CARB laws are strict in cali cuz everybody drives a car around there. And i just wanted to know what kinda power i would make w/30psi of boost regardless of wether its streetlegal or not?

QUOTE (nismogod @ Jun 16 2004,05:38 AM)
thats a damn good number, but from which engine, cause remember torque will be the spin issue. also, is that boosted? if so, buy a 2 stage auto switching boost controller. <or something of that nature> launch @ low boost in 1st and 2nd, then hit high boost for the rest of the gears. less spin, better times

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40550

i replied to your post.

as far as how hard it is to reach 250-300whp, on boost? not at all. read the post on your thread. titan isn't even at full boost. somethin like mid 20psi, when they are capable of 37psi. good luck on turb build. i think i'll stick to NA h22 with nitrous. o te he. next one might be a turbo car.

can you use "factory" injectors from a different car? supra, DSM or somthin?

on 30psi, you will make anywhere from 200hp to we'll say 800hp. depends on like 8 million factors.

buy an entire engine from jeff, build the rest of the drive train, and slap a monster turbo on it. then fly jeff in to tune it. it'll due the trick, but streetability is almost non-existant at 30psi.

theres some people that are running 12's with NA buillds, it shouldnt take too much boost. around 300whp should get you there.

Yea about the 30psi of boost. If i do that it will only be on the weekends like at the strip on on the street. So i will only be using that much boost when i plan on racing. For during the week i might tune it down to something like 20psi. But i really dont like the idea of legal racing because there are so many requirement u have to meet for them to even let u put ur car on the track. Like for example: rollcage, helmet, kill switch, fireproof suit, and a fire extinguisher(which i will probably have newayz), so i really dont think its worth all that extra money. I know its safer but i just dont want to spend all that extra money.

A motor cannot take 30 PSI (honda) and not get rebuilt probably for about 3-4 races? Or at least checked.

Tranny will probably last about a week.

Stick with 10 PSi and make it effecient, like our motors, so you can run 12's, low 12's and have it reliable.

375 WHP is your goal.

Jeff

Back