$3,000.00 to spend on my Eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK, I'm selling my CR-X as of today and using the money to compete with a couple of freinds.
96' AWD Eclipse - 12.4,
9?' AWD Galant VR4 -12.7
02' AWD WRX -12.8
91' AWD Eclipse 12.7

By the way, did I menton they where TURBO'd.
I have a 92CX hb, 98 GSR head, and a B16block rite now. I want to trade the block for a B20 or B18 block. Other than that I'm selling my B16crx for $3k and using all the money on my new motor.I have to show these guys I can hang in my Honda :ph34r: . I need to stay ALL-MOTOR, just so I can laugh in there face when I win :D . but now I need help from all you HONDASWAP GURU's :worthy: What would you do,and how would you do it? Thanx 'Cesar

i guess i'd go b20 then, with 12-12.5:1 CR pistons, some crower rods and arp parts, vtec oil line stuff, new gsr water and oil pump, maybe some ctr cams and a skunk2 intake manifold. unless you want to drop more money in for headwork

this isn't what you wanted, but boost it... its the only way for cheap that you're going to be running high 12's, let alone a 12.4

I would like to stay N/A, and the season will be over Sept,27th. so I'm gonna have all winter to work on it. I also have a lil cash rite now on the side,about 400, so i'm gonna order something for the head(IM,TB,JDM Header).

I'd tell u wut my buddy mike has a crx with the b16 swap done to it and all he did was put a turbo on it and well he has a diffrent cam on it right now don't ask me wut but i well be welling to ask but anyways he's able to run 12's but than on a slipping clutch he ran 13's oh yeah he hydro locked his engine and now his having to spend to much money geting it fixed for one he just threw the turbo on it oh yeah tires help too just to let u know but not much

The secret to an n/a motor is revs. Run you ls-vtec at about 12-1 compression and spin at about 9000 rpm. if the motor is biult right it should hold up. I would suggest the hondata system and a crower custom grind cam to make it perfect.

So far this is how my list is coming along.
GSr head
B20 block (12:1 c/r)
SK2 IM
CTR cams
GSR water/oil pumps

would a 00' B16 tranny be good for this set up? Anyone feel free to add/or suggest anything. Even if tis not possible to hit mid-low 12's with my buget (3000-3500).
Thanx 'Cesar

did you not get a tranny with your b16 block? if not, yes 00 b16 tranny would be good, so would a gsr. either one.

Nope no tranny. I had bought the B16 block for my crx,now I need to get rid of it,so I can pick up a B20.

buy a b18c1, bore and stroke it. get alot of goodies. done.

also, what are u running on that setup.
i have a friend with a Near stock b16 in a eg hatch, running 13.7 consistanly. and all he has done is i/h/e and a good clutch

whats a HONDATA system run for my kinda set-up? Dose anyone in here have a cr-vtec? what do you have and whats it run? how much WHP?

do a search, there is tons of info pertaining to what you should buy.

Key here is to dump as much weight as you can, Light 14inch rims with great tires/slicks.

SiR tranny is good but once you up the added tq and hp the differential should be upgraded.

Well to be honest, for your budget of 3k, I say GSR gottom, high comp jdm oem pistons, hondata, basic bolt on's and maybe if you have some cashish left over for some nice cams/head setup.

I have a pinned post up top with good input. check it out.

Milan

the EG is a CX, and I will have it gutted from the seats back.Ialso have a set of BFG Drag/Raidials 205-55-15 (i think,need to check).So even with what is listed, It still might not be possable to hit mid-low 12's? and as for the "it depends on the driver too" I think i am a very good driver.I hit 2 .500 lights last year,and have been doing real good this year. Thanx for all your help and honesty everyone. :beer:

plus another 300 to ship it.I'll pass,thanx tho. I want to build my own,lil more pride in it.

i dont wanna b a dick, but any lucky bastard can get 2 .500's, its your 60' that counts. get it sub 2.00's and u should be on ur way to getting 12's.

yup, your reaction doens't mean dick unless your racing others in a true import event. It's all about 60fts.....get some low ones and your good to go.

Milan

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 2 2003, 08:53 PM
i dont wanna b a dick, but any lucky bastard can get 2 .500's, its your 60' that counts. get it sub 2.00's and u should be on ur way to getting 12's.

yeah i agree, its all about the 60ft times... i average a 1.8-1.66 60 foot times... but mind you my EG is heavier than yours due to the type r suspension im running... as of right now my best time is 13.23 but i know i can break 12's cause im making more than enough power to the ground [last dyno i pulled 196hp to the ground]... with the addition of a few other trick parts on the car im currently making about 208-215 to the ground...

oh and if you really want to, you could get into the 12's fairly easily with the b16 you have now... a buddy of mine ran 11.90's daily driven but his b16 was MILLED TO SHIT!

B)

Back