$3,000.00 to spend on my Eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DVSPrelude is hitting high 12s in his CX with a GSR motor. I don't see why you couldn't hit 12.4 with a B20 block. A b20/VTEC motor will definetly get you there. Make sure you get LSD, and a B16 tranny will be fine. Once you get it all built and you are running in the 12s, spray. Low 11s? Maybe!

j/k about the Naaaaawwwwssss. :lol:

Eg is not CX

EG = hatch/delsol from 92-95

CX,VX,DX, SI are trim models

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 3 2003, 01:22 PM
Eg is not CX

EG = hatch/delsol from 92-95

CX,VX,DX, SI are trim models

Milan

Right. Caneck has a cx eg hatch. Thanx for clearing that up tho Milan.... :lol:

3 grand is a tight budget man. I'd stay away from all motor and go for the boost. In any case, if you spend all this money on n/a parts now, your just going to have to get rid of MOST of them and/or buy new parts when you decide to go boost. I say just do it once, and do it right. Boost!

Well it sounds like a B20block w/gsr head might get close,but maybe not what I need,huh.

I just got home from my freinds house (91 eclipse).He started taking his motor out today,and is gonna start on rebuilding it for next season.Well he also should me where he is starting to run nitrous lines,to where he will be hooking up a ZEX kit he bought. :kick: I guess it dosen't look good for me next year.I think I've lost all hope. :shrug2:

building a car isnt all about beating your friends and being the best. why dont you try racing a car that involves turning...its way more fun.

the problem is, ur racing a v6, so u gotta start from less. but if u want 12's. GSR on nitrous or GSR on Turbo would be the best way to go.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 3 2003, 07:45 PM
building a car isnt all about beating your friends and being the best. why dont you try racing a car that involves turning...its way more fun.

:withstupid:
road courses are sooooo much more fun

Wanna have some fun. Blow by all of them with five passengers waving backwards. I bet you could do it with less than 3000. I picked up a 1968 Toronado for $700. This bad boy had 400 hp, and 500 ft lbs of torque stock from the factory. Add $2000 to that engine. Beat em with style, and passengers. These things were tuned down for grandmas from the factory. Yet they still did 0-60 in 7.5 seconds, with a curb weight of 4600 lbs.

If not, at least suck on the bottle for a while. I admire what you are up to/against. You want the hard kill, bloody hand style. Get your hands dirty son, good luck.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Sep 3 2003, 10:47 PM
3 grand is a tight budget man. I'd stay away from all motor and go for the boost. In any case, if you spend all this money on n/a parts now, your just going to have to get rid of MOST of them and/or buy new parts when you decide to go boost. I say just do it once, and do it right. Boost!

;) If you know what you are doing and have the money then N/A is the way to go..........Power adders are expected to run big numbers, and All motor is always more impresive.

What about Bici (may not be spelled right) in his all motor CRX running 10.1's 1/4 mile. SOHC at that!!!! Now that is awesome!

Bisi Ezerioha.

That's also with a CRX that weighs nothing and a setup that's not good to run on the street with street gas.

:p

saying n/a is the way to go is just a matter of opinion. I'm in fact not all that impressed by an n/a setup. It's not like someone says all motor and I'm like "wooooahhhh". Most of the faster n/a cars I've seen are hideous to drive, retarded idle, no gas mileage, usually stripped out... etc etc. I'm like 10x more impressed with a forced induction setup that is done right.

Thats just opinion though.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 3 2003, 11:22 PM
I admire what you are up to/against. You want the hard kill, bloody hand style. Get your hands dirty son, good luck.

I'm going for it. I might not beat my freind with the 91' Eclipse,but I will have my way with some poor V8. Plus I've been talking to some of the shops in my area,and i should be the one of the faster NA cars around here.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Sep 5 2003, 01:54 PM
saying n/a is the way to go is just a matter of opinion. I'm in fact not all that impressed by an n/a setup. It's not like someone says all motor and I'm like "wooooahhhh". Most of the faster n/a cars I've seen are hideous to drive, retarded idle, no gas mileage, usually stripped out... etc etc. I'm like 10x more impressed with a forced induction setup that is done right.

Thats just opinion though.

N/A - The expensive way to go slow. :D

On a lighter note: I ran a 14.68 in my 88'crx si. still working on that 60'.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 5 2003, 01:03 PM
Bisi Ezerioha.

That's also with a CRX that weighs nothing and a setup that's not good to run on the street with street gas.

:p

a few years back i was over @ rs motorworks (before they became rs machines) and i was talking to Rich

all of a sudden i hear this fucking ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
coming from down the street....windows were shaking, old ladies were stopping in their tracks....

bisi had just pulled into the driveway. he had driven his car with NO muffler or any exhaust whatsoever from his house down to the shop.

that fucker was LOUD :lol:

altho, im sure he musta owned whoever tried to run him as he was driving down Vermont lol.

Back