4 wire o2 sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pork1463

Ihave a 92 cx hatch. I just put in a b16a2 and my old harness worked for everything but the v tech and the o2 sensor. I got the v tech working but i can't figure out how to wire the o2 sensor...My old o2 used one wire now this one has 4..Can anyone help? thanks
Mel :blink:

hmmm, not to sure about that one, cause since your car is a 92, it should be obd1 which has a 4 wire 02 sensor, i would expect that out of an obd0 car (91 or before) because they have one wire 02 sensors...don't worry though cause your harness can be converted to use the 4 wire because mine is so i can run obd1

CX came with one wire O2 sensor.
You need to run a couple additional wires.

4wires on O2:
White=
Black=
Black=
Blue=

You need to run A6 on the ECU (O2 Heater) to one of the black wires.

The other black wire needs to get tapped into a switched 12V signal somewhere in your harness. do NOT wire it directly to the battery - tap another signal that gets turned on with the key. Most black/yellow wires on the engine harness are +12v switched.

The blue wire needs to be run to ground.

The white wire needs to be run to the original CX O2 sensor wire.

That was from memory, so I might be dyslexic on the colors. Someone else should verify before you go cutting and splicing.

Originally posted by radnulb@Sep 25 2003, 10:40 AM
The other black wire needs to get tapped into a switched 12V signal somewhere in your harness. do NOT wire it directly to the battery - tap another signal that gets turned on with the key. Most black/yellow wires on the engine harness are +12v switched.

when the key is in the ON position not the acc.

Back