599 = nuttable and fast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Give Ferrari a call and let them know the fastest car to ever run that track isn't setup correctly =) While you're at it, let them know to send me a 599 GTO The added time you just saved them might be reason enough to given me a car. :D

Here's how I feel about it, the Ferrari race team is one of the best racing teams in the world, they have some of the best drivers in the world. When something is setup a certain way, chances are it's not a mistake. Either the driver asked for it or Ferrari knew it was for the better.

Then again, couch coaches know football better then any NFL guy coach, same goes for desk racers. :p

Radical broke the 7 minute barrier 5 years ago
and was 3 seconds faster way back then (6:55 set in 2005)

their latest record they set last year is 10 seconds faster (6:48 set in 2009) than the Ferrari (6:58)
with a road legal car, driven from England to the track and ran on the same tires... (yes B they put it on a fucking boat... the car does not float and it is not submersible)

and the Ferrari was not road legal, or a production car... it was a development prototype running slicks

yes the radical is more of a track day toy, than a daily driver or commuter car... but it IS road legal, and ran in road legal trim... and they are produced for consumers

until Ferrari posts up that time with the 599 GTO in street trim, they have not broken or set anything...
so congratulations to Ferrari for matching their qualifying time set 35 years ago by their 312T F1 car (also a non road legal car running slicks)

Last edited:
Radical broke the 7 minute barrier 5 years ago
and was 3 seconds faster way back then (6:55 set in 2005)

their latest record they set last year is 10 seconds faster (6:48 set in 2009) than the Ferrari (6:58)
with a road legal car, driven from England to the track and ran on the same tires... (yes B they put it on a fucking boat... the car does not float and it is not submersible)

and the Ferrari was not road legal, or a production car... it was a development prototype running slicks

yes the radical is more of a track day toy, than a daily driver or commuter car... but it IS road legal, and ran in road legal trim... and they are produced for consumers

until Ferrari posts up that time with the 599 GTO in street trim, they have not broken or set anything...
so congratulations to Ferrari for matching their qualifying time set 35 years ago by their 312T F1 car (also a non road legal car running slicks)
They didn't say they broke the record for a road legal car. Yet they broke the record for a production based sports car. So I guess that radical needs to come back in Race ONLY form with slicks; then it can have the record.. lol

Really is an insignificant record. Still an amazing car on my favorite track. :)

Ferrari is claiming to have set a record with this run
here is a link to it right on their own website
Record of the Ferrari 599XX at the Nürburgring announced in Beijing
The Ferrari 599XX is the first ever production-derived sports car to break the 7-minute barrier on the classic 20.832 km Nordschleife circuit, lapping in 6 min 58.16 sec.

maybe that is where they are claiming a record.... "production-derived sports car"
what the hell does that even mean??

my point is that Radical already HAS the record... they have had it for 5 years... and not by playing with words and making up a new class like "production-derived sports car"... they did it with a road legal production sports car... for production vehicles lap times, Ferrari is back in 9th place (Enzo ran 7:25 in 2008)... the 599 GTB is 39th on the list with a 7:47

for track only vehicles like the 599XX... Porsche is still the owner of that record with a 6:11 set wayyyyy back in 1983 on a qualifying lap with the 956

so while Ferrari did indeed perform an impressive feat by clocking a sub 7 minute lap, they didnt do anything that has not been done before... and they didnt set any records, road legal or otherwise

Back