1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5th gen prelude gauge cluster -> 5th gen accord?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by HONDAPITSTOP, Nov 6, 2003.

1. HONDAPITSTOP

HONDAPITSTOP Senior Member

I was wondeing if a 5th gen prelude gauge cluster could be installed into a 5th gen accord? Anyone know if it is the same size and bolts right in? Anyone know of the differences between the two gauge clusters looks and gauge readings? (ie: does the tach have a higher redline on the faceplate, etc?)

Bruce

2. accordh23

accordh23 Junior Member

if you are just looking for i higher rev limter then the gauge cluster has nothing to do with it .the rev limter is conroled by the ecu ,but i do not think that the gauge cluster will just swap over like so

3. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

i dont think he is looking for a higher rev limiter i think he just wants the tach in the dash to read the TRUE redline of the motor which is 7200. but if your speaking of the 92-95 prelude dashs they are those weird elongated things and cant beleiev they would bolt up at all as for the newer prelude im not sure :blink:

4. HONDAPITSTOP

HONDAPITSTOP Senior Member

I should have clarified I have a 94 H22A JDM engine & ECU in my 95 Accord.

Thanks for the information. I don't have any friends nearby with a Prelude so I can't take a peak at their gauge cluster so I didn't really know if they were different or not.

Now that I think of it, maybe a JDM Accord R that had an H22A engine in it would have the correct gauge cluster? Did Honda make an Accord in the 94/95 year with an H22A in it? I know they made some but can't remember what years they made that weren't ever exported to the US.

Bruce

5. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

not sure on the accords as far as euro specs are concerned but im sure the prelude ones will not fit, also i like it when people get in my car and see the tach go 1200 rpm's past redline they ussually dont know what to think :blink: :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted