6 speed tranny for b series?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know there are custom gearsets to turn 5 speed transmissions into 6 speeds, but every one I've heard of gets rid of reverse in favor of the 6th gear. I don't know if one exists for the B, but considering the large aftermarket for the B series engines- I'm sure someone makes one.

no 6 speed trannies are available for B series engines
there are plenty of people spreading hearsay that some places will make one for you custom for the right ammount of money... or some overseas company makes one.... or someone their cousin knows had a friend that knew someone who raced a kid that had one

no 6 speed trannys exist for the B series engine (or any other of the honda engines that spin backwards) its all bullshit, no hard proof anywhere

the only 6 speed setup ive actually seen proof of was the APEXi drag integra... i believe it was H powered.... they used an X-trac 6 speed tranny... they had to make a custom bell housing for the tranny and they had to mount the engine backwards... there was other custom work needed to make it work ... but the article i read didnt go too deep into details

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 25 2004, 05:57 PM
the only 6 speed setup ive actually seen proof of was the APEXi drag integra... i believe it was H powered.... they used an X-trac 6 speed tranny... they had to make a custom bell housing for the tranny and they had to mount the engine backwards... there was other custom work needed to make it work ... but the article i read didnt go too deep into details
[post=422232]Quoted post[/post]​

ive read about it, and they actually modified the engine to spin the "right" way.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Nov 25 2004, 07:45 PM-->
@Nov 25 2004, 05:57 PM
[post=422232]Quoted post[/post]​

ive read about it, and they actually modified the engine to spin the "right" way.
[post=422338]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly, they used a Formula 3000 (F3) "H22." Which actually spins the right way. It is a strange motor to see in person as it is a honda H series motor with the fly wheel on the proper side. That way they could bolt almost any transmission they wanted to it. Allowing the motor to be mounted longitudily, and the car to be RWD. It is pretty tits, I will see if I can find a picture of the motor, I think I saw one on H-T not too long ago in the All Motor section.

heres some info on the apexi integra: http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/hybrid/art2/

i dont think its a f3 engine, because i remeber watcing something on tv awhile back. they were talking to the dude that built the apexi integra; he was saying how they modified the engine to turn the right way and that they had to custom fabricate parts. he also said it was pricey. :shrug2:

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Nov 26 2004, 03:29 AM
heres some info on the apexi integra: http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/hybrid/art2/

i dont think its a f3 engine, because i remeber watcing something on tv awhile back. they were talking to the dude that built the apexi integra; he was saying how they modified the engine to turn the right way and that they had to custom fabricate parts. he also said it was pricey. :shrug2:
[post=422466]Quoted post[/post]​

The F3 engine builders do the same thing. They modify H22 blocks, as I recall Apex followed the same build proceedures for their motor, but then again we are both speculating.

Back