88 crx dx B16a swap need some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, i just got the motor last night and im picking up the body soon,
but i have a a few questions about the wiring in the car..i have the p3 ecu to go in it,,but i assume since dx is throttle body and vtec is pgm fi that i need the whole wiring harness for the vtec so it will all plug in,,which i dont have. the wiring harness is still on the motor,but wont plug into the dx wiring harness in the car right? so i was wondering if i just put the harness out of a crx si into the dx it would plug in to the harness on the vtec motor ..

im doin a b16a swap on a 90 dx i have.... even with an si harness you still have to run the 2 wires nedded for the extra injectors because theyre still not wired into the ecu plugs

If you get the si wiring harness you can go to rywire.com and buy everything you need to change the harness over and make it look clean. It comes with the factory pins to install right into the connector im swapping a b16a into a si and thats where i got all i needed

if i put a 90 si harness on my 90 dx...wouldnt i still have to wire in the extra injectors?

no the si harness is a pgm fi harness youll only need to wire in the vtec solenoid, knock sensor 2nd o2 sensor there may be something else but i forgot...the si harness will run the engine as is , but it wont have vtec until you get the others wired up

damn i read it wrong. yea going back through the firewall youll need to wire up the new injectors i already have a si so i didnt have to do that my bad, i still think rywire.com will have a conversion kit for you to make it easier and less messy they have pre-made extension harnesses check em out

hmmm.. so even with the si harness i still have to switch wires at the ecu plug and run 2 more for the injectors..gotcha. yea rywires got exactly what i need electrical wise. wiring vtec is a snap with those harnesses

well the only place you have to wire it too is front the strut tower connector to the ecu so its really not that bad it you got the engine out already

Search Dpfi To Mpfi.. Theres A Write Up Somewheres..worked For Me

ive got a bare b16 block to build for my hatch...i need all the sensors..knock, temp, oil pressure, etc.. would any b series be good donors to swipe em from? plenty of ls tegs in the junkyard

Back