88 Ef hatch swap rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok so in the past i came here for my swap info on how to etc... great help now its income tax time and also time for upgrades etc... now my budget is 2k for my car and its currently need of help i want to redo all brakes rotor etc. and redo the hubs one is bad also the suspension i want to do coil overs and tokico blues all the good stuff grant steering wheel so on and so forth but my real question lies is what to do about the motor it currently has an B18A1 OBD0 and needs rewired badly so my local tuner shop quoted 250 for the rewire but i don't know weather it rebuild my current LS or buy a new one or do a LSV or a b20 V my problem is the vtec and the problems i hear about it not working with older rides id love more power what are some suggestions i also found a b17a1 with tranny wiring and ecu for $1000

nah man theres plenty of forums on here showing ls/vtec builds, and honestly theres wiring diagrams everywhere if your up to the challenge and save money, let us know what you want to do with it, its your ride, id deff go with the coilovers though it makes a worlds difference

either way, it seems that you need to have it re-wired.
do that, and while they are doing that, tell them to go ahead and run the wires for vtec. that way, you're covered for that regardless of which way you want to go.

then, if you want a solid dd that will be reliable as hell and never have to fear being stuck, stay away from the franken-builds. ls/b20-vtecs arent reliable.

my vtec cracks like a mofo lol.... i drive an ef hatch too

Back