89 civic dx need help with mini me sawp pls....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1989EF9

so i have a d16y7 with a y8 head and i barely know anything about the obdo or the 1 or 2 so i just need to know what would i need to make the sawp possible and in the easiest way.... so anything would help thanxs

A D16Y7 And D16Y8 Share The Same Short Block Meaning Everythings The Same The Only Real Difference Is The Head Y8 Being VTEC, You Can Use Y7 Or Y8 Timing Belt, And If You Want To Run True Vtec Your Gunna Wanna Convert To OBD1 By Getting All The Conversion Harness's And A P28 ECU And A Dizzy, Are You Already Converted To Multi-Point Or Is Your Car Still Dual Point

my car is still dual point but i bought disc that shows how to convert it to multi so i have to get a obdo to obd1 conversion harness right??? and do i get the dizzy from a y8 engine??? isnt the engine an obd2???

Ok Well First You Want To Convert It To Multi-Point You Can Find A Ton Of Write Ups On It, And You Can Even Send It Into Rywire.com And Get It Done, After Its Multi-Point, You Need To Get A Y7 Or Y8 Timing Belt, Then I Would Get A Virgin OBD1 P28 ECU A Conversion Harness For The ECU And The Jumper Harness For The Dizzy, Then You Need To Get A D15B7 Dizzy, And Hook Everything Up And Wire Up Vtec And You Will BeGood To Go, Theres Good Write Ups On All This Stuff

Back