89 civic Problems, tach, dash lights , turn sig, ect

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xips(86CRXSI)

Ok so here's what's up. I just bought a 1989 civic hatch back si salvaged title(don't care) the front end got a face lift, 1990 integra front end, and the molding shaved, the car is way low, short shifter, intake, the engine is a b15b7, I got the car for $300 cash.
It didn't run, guy didn't know shit about cars and didn't want to put more money into it, said " New Timing Belt, New Distributor, New ECU, Timed, New Battery, Good Tags And Title In Hand!" he wanted $550 and he was told it was not getting spark, I checked for spark when i bought it and it was getting spark, anyways I got it home and checked the timing belt to make sure it was in time, it was. Next I checked the firing order, it was wrong, fixed it, still not running, checked gas it was good, ok. Pulled the pulg, fouled, not sparking, replaced plugs, fired up, woot:), ok run's, drives.

Now the problems,
1st, no tach
2nd, no turn signals
3rd, no dash lights
4th, no temp gage
5th, no gas gage
6th, no heater
7th, no sunroof
8th, no wipers
9th, the only light that came on in the dash was the battery light.

It been awhile since I've messed with these and I'm kinda stumped, if you guys have some pointers or can tell me what to check that would be great. If you need to know any more just ask, thanks.

well since the Si did not come with the b15, your motor has been swapped and the wiring harness done wrong. i am not one to diagnose everything for you, but i, with my knowledge, would start looking into the wiring harness for the problem, and specifically the gauge cluster. i would also suggest trying to get the d16a6 back in (maybe your wiring harness is still good for it?) or swap something else in to fit your desires and budget! hope this helps at least a little...

:)

Now the problems,
1st, no tach
2nd, no turn signals
3rd, no dash lights
4th, no temp gage
5th, no gas gage
6th, no heater
7th, no sunroof
8th, no wipers
9th, the only light that came on in the dash was the battery light.

I registered just so I could post in this thread.

I have the exact same problems in my EF 4 door. All the fuses are good. It started when I got rear-ended.
And I have a friend that has the same problem as well in his CRX. He started having problems with it when he left his sunroof open and it rained. The back of his car pooled up and now he has the exact same issues.

We've tried damn near everything.
Have you found the problem?

Back