89 CRX Brake question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pyro_freek

question for the swap. i have an 89 crx HF. ive already done the rear trailing arm swap from the 91 integra. im confused about the from conversion ive read that if you use the from spindle from the teg that the geometry on the rex wont be right. ive already got a b18a w/ys1 tranny and axles from the teg. my question is do i need to use a 90 civic sedan spindle and use the tegs hubs to make this swap work?

I had teg axles in my crx hubs thats not the problem. If you use a teg steering knuckle it will bolt in. You do however need an alignment afterward. If you have properly dropped your car it should have a camber/caster adjustment kit in it. This will let you fix the geometry problem. The other option you have is machining the caliper bracket. Where the bracket bolts to knuckle is to thick. It makes the bracket hit the rotor. By machinig this down it will give you room. Though I personally do not like the idea of making braking parts weaker. The whole idea is to make it stonger. The easiest and I beleive best way is put 90-93 teg knuckles. that way replacing parts in future is much easier.

Back