90 CRX HF wiring, I need a diagram, or something!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

green4dr

I recently pulled a B16 from one CRX to put into another...... It ran in the other CRX, but when we swapped to the new CRX it wouldn't start, but does turn over. Could this be the wiring, ECU, distributer, what? I was just wandering what everyone thought it could be? First we thought it was the ECU, because of damage of the ECU (friend getting pissed and throwing it). We tried a LS ECU just to get it started and it would turn over but, not start. Well, I gave up on getting it started it has been sitting for about 6 months now. I would like to get it running by summer time and any help would be great. Thanks. Heres the info on the car, if you were wandering:
1990 CRX HF, 69,000 original miles
B16A swap, cable LSD trans
car already has the CRX Si suspension
Everything is in the car, I just need to get it running.

Quoted post[/post]]
I recently pulled a B16 from one CRX to put into another...... It ran in the other CRX, but when we swapped to the new CRX it wouldn't start, but does turn over. Could this be the wiring, ECU, distributer, what? I was just wandering what everyone thought it could be? First we thought it was the ECU, because of damage of the ECU (friend getting pissed and throwing it). We tried a LS ECU just to get it started and it would turn over but, not start. Well, I gave up on getting it started it has been sitting for about 6 months now. I would like to get it running by summer time and any help would be great. Thanks. Heres the info on the car, if you were wandering:
1990 CRX HF, 69,000 original miles
B16A swap, cable LSD trans
car already has the CRX Si suspension
Everything is in the car, I just need to get it running.
does it have the HF engine harness on it? Si harness will not work in HF car (yes, it will plug in, but it won't run)

The HF b16 swap is plug and play with the exception of the VTEC wiring, which won't affect the car's ability to start. You should buy a helms manual and look at the wiring diagrams and make sure all your plugs are going to the correct places.

Next check to see if you are getting fuel and spark. If either is not there, you've isolated your problem.

Also check your gounds. Make sure the tranny ground is connected, this is a common problem people run into in EF swaps.

I had a swap a while ago that wouldn't start, turned out to be a bad engine ground on the thermo housing. Double check that, cause that will cause a non start.

Back