90 crx what motor (boost)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

punkafi888

my buddy got me into the whole import cars i am normally a old school muscle car guy, sorry if i posted this in the wrong place i have looked aroung and this seems to be the place to put it. i was wonder what motor would be the best for boost. i have been told that the b18 is the best, if so why is this? another question i have is i know the crx is obd0 is it possible to do the motor swap and make it an obd 2? i am highly skilled with wiring and it seems fairly easy to do, just isolate the power train parts or the wiring harness and wire it in with an obdII. ok first post feel free to frag.

hmmm. Cheap? Yup LS would be the ticket. Plenty of bottom end but lacks the top end. I'm a vtec fan so i would choose a gsr. That way you have the displacement (1.8L) and the vtec top end with a nice free flowing head. Just pick an engine you know hasnt been beat on too much and you can make mad power no matter what you choose. And yes you can make them OBD2.

Why dont you just make it obd1? I have done that before and its easy as hell. I dont know about OBD2.

read my sig....

pretty common question here, i'll give you the links to the answers.

ls is very boost friendly,but def. dont go obd2...your best bet is obd1(easiest to tune)
but you can even go obd0(and run TurboEdit)

but what are your HP goals?and your budget??

There's been a lot of Mama jokes around here lately...

Back