90 si, interchangeable blocks??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wikidgtir

i have acquired a 90 si hatch and it has a hole in the block. would it be possible to put another block in from a 90 hatch thats not an si? i just want to get the car running, im not too concerned about performance right now.

90 Si Hatch....they had a coupe but no hatch at that time.

What block? More info if you expect responses from people

its 90 si hatch. not a coupe, it has a da16a6 in it. my brother got the car some years back. he blew a hole in the block somehow and then went off to the navy. so i just need to get it running so i can move it to vegas. so if its possible to use a non si block then ill have it swapped in and get it going. but i dont know much about these hondas, so im asking for anyones help who knows.

sorry I was thinking 99-00 civic.....even though I wrote the year correctly.

90 Hatch Si....i would look for the same block (your car is Multi Port Fuel Injected)

The other Civic motors during that time were not MPFI (so I advise no but just my opinion)

You could put a newer non-VTEC motor in (another D-series) but its a changeover and
still takes some mod's. Best bet is the D16A6 for a straight replacement. There not too
expensive (look into JDM model)

This is one place to look for a decent Japanese Domestic Motor
hmotoronline.com

If they don't have one on the site....call them

Back