90 SI trans explosion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SavageSloth

Yo i'm new to this forum and probably didn't search it thoroughly enough but i need some ?'s answered. I blew the spider gears on my 90 SI trans this weekend at our towns dragstrip and need some help finding the ID stamp on it. I called my local dealership and they told me it stamped on the case w/a code of L3-200001 on it. checked it and theres no code stamped whatsoever on my trans of this part # or any honda part # at that. I'm trippin on it cause the same goes for another supposeably SI trans i'm looking at buying from a friend. I don't feel like rippin apart another trans and counting gears and splines to verify that it's a real 5 speed SI. Any input?

it would be a sticker, not a stamp. it's located right on the bellhousing, where the trans bolts to the block. directly to the left of the "D16A6" engraving.
the problem with these, is that they're fucking stickers..... very prone to falling off. i have no idea what honda was thinking.

Last edited:
Yeah I found the sticker but like a retard I painted over it a while back when i was painting my motor and trans to match.My biggest problem is trying to find an SI trans for sale on my island that's not all jacked up from 20 years of burning out and miss shifting. That and the guys around me who have them either don't want to sell or want ridiculous coin for um. Talkin cheapest I found was $550. So looks like i'm gonna have to buy the Hasport hydraulic conversion and hopefully locate a decent and affordable EX tranny.

Damn.....island? You in Hawaii? I have an Si trans her ein AZ but can't imagine what it would be to ship it.

Back