90crx dx b18b1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mackh1017

ok i am in the process of doing a b18b1 motor swap in my 90 dx model crx. i just got off the phone with a friend of mine in pensacola, fla. he said that that engine wont be any good cause it is an obd-1 engine and i have an obd-0 car. now i know that there are tons of you people out there with swaps in thier crx's but what i need to know from you is if he is right or not. the b18b1 is a non v-tec motor out of a 95 integra rs model. is this an obd-1 engine or what? and if i do drop it in my crx will the fuel and air mix ratios be a bitch to twerk or can i fix all that with a simple ecu swap????

it is an OBD1 engine, however you still put in your car, your friend was wrong. You'll need to
1. switch from OBD-0 to obd-1 or...
2. get an OBD-0 wire harness for your car.

I've heard that OBD-1 runs better than OBD-0, tere are companies who make kits for this swap... have you wired for MPFI (multi port fuel injection) yet? Got mounts yet (Hasport)? Shift linkages (Hasport)? You'll need a Hydrolic to Cable, or Cable to Hydrolic conversion kit whatever it is called (Hasport) conversion kit. Hasport, the links I have provded makes all this shit you need, hte links you can make yourself though, there should be a how to article on this though

ok i have not yet wired up for mpfi nor do i know which ecu i need to get for that. and i have no tranny yet cause the tegra i got this motor from was an auto. i am hoping to get a cable tranny out of a 90-91 tegra. any more pointers out there anyone?????

SIR Transmission 88-91 are good for 1/4 mile racing, good gearing, and any B series transmission form 90-93 will work, at elast out of a 90-93 Integra that is, and any sir trans from 88-91 will work... b18b1 I blieve is a pr4 or a P75... check teh reference section for more...

Back