90si to ZC harness question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aim1

The ZC I got from hmotors is very clean and intact. Is it possible to use the harness from the ZC or is it mandatory to use the Si's harness? Everything I've read says use the car harness, the mechanic tho, seems to think the ZC harness will work.

You have the complete ZC engine harness from the wheel well connector? If so, I would try it - my guess is it will work fine.

Depends on the year though, what ecu are you running.
you would need to run your own vtec sel. wire and knock sensor as well as oil pressure.

What generation ZC is it? SOHC or DOHC? OBD0 or OBD1? The harness that came with the engine will have all the necessary breakouts on it.

The only thing you may have to change is the ECU and injectors. If going to OBD1 also the O2 sensor wiring. Also, the MPFI/DPFI wiring on the injectors could come into play - again depending upon which generation ZC, which injectors you want to use and what the car has in it now. Is there a resistor box in the corner of the engine bay on the drivers side, beside the master brake cylinder. It will be mounted on the wheel well.

We really need more information on the swap to formulate a comprehensive answer.

None of the ZC's I'm familiar with are equipped with VTEC.

Last edited:
Back