1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 B18a Swap Into 91 Civic Hatch Std.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Wycked Sniper, May 24, 2003.

1. Wycked Sniper

Wycked Sniper Senior Member

First, thank you all for any info you may offer. I am a fairly new "Honda Head" and have decided, after a broken cam, to undertake a motor swap. The project car is a 1991 Honda Civic Hatch Std. The donor car is a 1991 Acura Integra with the B18A (Non Vtec). I have lurked in all the forums and sites I can find and would appreciate any pointers that those who have created hybrids can offer. My question is: I have the entire donor car, so am I in need of anything else besides the motor mount kit? I am aware of the dual point to multi point conversion necessary also. I guess you could just say I would gladly appreciate any pointers, insights and help y'all can offer. Thanks again.

Tony G. "Team Wycked Racing" - not only small :worthy: block strokers but neck snapping FWD too!

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

Hey man, well you've come to the right place, i cant really help on the DPI - MPFI deal, but i know a b18a swap like the back of my hand. since u have the donor car, use the integra front suspension and brakes as well, makes a HUGE difference. Also if u dont have good seats, ( b/c a DPI car has crappy seats) use the Integra buckets, better than the stock ones u have in there. about the swap, yes u will need hasport ( or hasport like) mounts for b series in an ef. u will also need, a new and clutch cable, b/c the stock one wont fit. i recommend unless u know for a fact the clutch is still good on the donor car, dont use it. i did my b18a swap like a month ago, and now i gotta go through it all again b/c i gotta get a new clutch. umm... other than that u have everything u need in the donor car. Use the Si wiring harness on the LS motor, use the LS ecu, chop the shift linkage a bit, and u should be fine. if u need any help on the swap let me know and ill give u a hand
    my email is KillaBee_88@hotmail.com

3. bossman032

bossman032 Senior Member

4. Civic_88ls

Civic_88ls Senior Member

for the shift linkage, it would be the best uf u buy from hasport or place racing so it will be exactly perfect.

5. Wycked Sniper

Wycked Sniper Senior Member

:worthy: Outstanding! Thanks all for the info. I guess that I'm just a little nervous about actually doing the swap. You know, first time jitters and all lol. My biggest concern was finding out if the tranny would work...and I beleive it will be ok. As far as the wiring harness goes, the Hatch is a standard not SI. As far as this goes, Do I use the LS engine harness in place of the civic's?

Thanks again for the help! :D

6. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

ya, u should use the integra harness, also, the linkage is fine. just make sure u mark it and cut it, take ur time and it will be easy.

7. geoff19crx

geoff19crx Junior Member

i am in the same position as you i have 90 crx dx and will be doing the same swap as you. from what i have gathered the easiest thing would be to modify the existing harness in the dx. only four wires will have to be run. 2 wires for the cylinder sensor and 2 injector wires. only reason i haven't done it yet is time, i can't seem to find any. change positions of the wires at the tps plug as well.

8. ZCHONDACRX91

ZCHONDACRX91 New Member

I'm doing the swap and on the LS distributor it has a round plug with 7 wires and the si wire harness plug, square with only 5 wires. How do I modify it?

9. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

o rly?

you always retain the stock harness and modify it accordingly. k-series swaps being the exception to the rule.

10. ZCHONDACRX91

ZCHONDACRX91 New Member

I have a DX wire harness converted to MPFI and a 90 Integra B18A motor. I transferred the wire harness over to the integra motor, everything pluged right in, but on the Integra distributor it has a round 7 wire plug, but on my wire harness it has a square 5 wire plug. Is it because it's a automatic motor it has extra wires? The integra distributor has the round 7 wire plug and the round 2 wire plug for the sensor inside. Any help???

11. LILBLKCRXSI

LILBLKCRXSI New Member

NO ,All the wires on the dizzy should have a matching one on your dizzy , the extra 2 come Directly from the ecu , You'll get those after you're done with the MPFI conversion(4 wires, 2 injectors and 2 for the dizzy),Are you going to switch to a 5 speed? You're STARTING with the worst possible swap, AN automatic dx hatch, Good luck!!

12. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

OMGHI2U!!!!! this thread is 6 years old.

start a new thread.

:locked2:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted