'91 B18B in '99-'00 Civic EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DiSbaDbOi

I have a 99-00 civic ex and I was planning on doing a '91 B18B motor swap. But I have no idea what kinda wire harness, mounts, and ecu to use. I done a search but I couldn't find nothing that I was looking for. Can some tell me or show me a site that has all these information. I would like all these information ASAP. Thanks~!!

that engine will be a BITCH to get wired in there.... and the tranny wont work

It isn't hard until the wiring part comes along, and in 91' they had a b18a1 not b18b1, BTW if you haven't already bought the engine, DON'T BUY IT. Buy one from a 96+, then it should wire up fine, and bolt right in (correct me if I'm wrong)

Yea, thats why i post this topic, because i have no idea how to wire everything. and yea I had already bought it.

sucks man, pull the intake mani, and buy a new one from a 96+ integra, no you can't use the one that came on it. you also need to use your stock wiring harness, but you will have connectors that wont go anywhere because your harness is for a vtec motor.

wait i'll make you a list of things you need-

intake mani from a 96+ teg.

throttle body from a 96+ teg

tranny from a 94+ integra or a 92+ civic del sol VTEC (only the VTEC model, no s or si)

you will need all the sensors from your old motor, and your old engine harness.

if you live in a smog state you wont pass because the block is too old.

you will also need the mounting hardware from a 96+ integra gsr.

shift linkage from a 94+ integra

your stock injectors will wok fine too, so you need those.

thats all i can think of right now, but the intake mani and throttle body are non-negotiable, you have to replace them, and you will realy want to use your stock harness, and if you can get an obd2b- obd1 conversion harness and find an obd1 pr4 or p75 from a manual tranny integra.

thanks saturn_boy, that was a hold lot of information you gave me. What do you mean by vtec only tranny? Can't I use any B-series hydro tranny? Also, what mounting hardware from 96+ gsr?

tranny from a 94+ integra or a 92+ civic del sol VTEC (only the VTEC model, no s or si)

he means just that not all del sol's are b series only the 94-97 del sol VTEC(b16a2,3),
rest are all d series. ;)

you need the motor mounts from a 96+ integra gsr, or a has port mount kit.

i think you will also need a lower divier side motor mount bracket from a 96+ integra gsr.

freshclive: thanks, thats exactly what i meant.

Plus, its Illegal to put a motor from a lower OBD Bracket in your vehicle. Example, OBD2 car w/ OBD1 motor, illegal. OBD1 car w/ OBD2 motor, legal. Get me???

People have been telling me I need 99-00 civic si motor mounts, besides the a/c bracket..i need the 96-97 del sol bracket.

What do you mean only in smog states? I live in Calfornia

if your in calli and you try to swap that engine in that car they will castrate you

the Peoples Republic of California doesnt allow head swaps

That sucks man, You can't drive your car legally in California with that motor. But you might be able to trick them, get the block restamped, use ALL obd2 parts (including the head), and make sure you'll pass emissions. Or you can just buy an EG and drop it right in.

for one, if you are smart and want to save money, go to hasport, pick up a Cable Tranny Conversion kit for like 130 bucks, then pick up a 90-93 tranny which will cost you like 1/3 what a hydro tranny will. You need the rear tranny mount for a 99-2000 civic si. You need linkage from whatever series tranny u use. wiring won't be easy, but you can always consider an obd1 conversion harness which can be purchased from skunk2 which will also allow you to save some serious dough. You should try to get in with some guys that live near you that can help you with the swap. It won't be easy and I would suggest getting some help from someone more experienced. Everyone knows someone who knows someone that can swap honda motors for CHEAP.

Jason

I believe the 91 LS was a b18a... the b1 was from 94-95 in obd1 and 96-01 which is obd2.... to use the B1 in your car all you need is mounts from a 99-00 si and it will bolt right in and plug n play.... only wires you dont connect are vtec (of course)......

Back