91 civic Si with ls vtec NO SPARK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchedlsvtec

Large Member
Ok, so I have this 91 civic, I put a b18a1 in it about 6 months ago. I used the car for work and everything else for a good long time, very reliable except for one instance when the distributor stopped working, so it was replaced and worked fine. I had been collecting parts for the ls vtec head swap for some time and decided I had everything I needed so I was just gonna do the swap with the next couple of days I had off. On my way home after my last job it drives perfect as it usually has for 15 miles or so. I am only two short sidestreets from home driving real easy and the car just kind of slows to a stop. Won't start, so I checked the fuel pressure at the filter and it was fine. I just figure no spark caused by a bad distributor again, but I just got one for the vtec head so I don't care. Well, after changing the head, ecu, dist, intake and exhaust manifolds, trying to start and nothing. Have fuel, have air, no spark. I changed main relay, checked wiring, ... kind of at a loss. Maybe the obd0 dist doesn't work with obd1 ecu? I tapped into the black/yellow wire from dist and it works that way so I guess it's good. Any ideas??? I appreciate ANY info. Thanks Alex

yes, the OBD0 distributor is not compatible with the OBD1 ECU - you need OBD1 distributor if you have OBD1 ECU - you also need OBD1 injectors or you need to remove the injector resistor box from the system to run the OBD1 ECU

You can rewire it i seen a couple of tech articles online or go to rywire.com and they sell a adapter that you can use that plugs into the obd0 harness and the obd1 distributor

Back