91 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vic44

Hey all, i'm just wandering how the back seat comes out on a 91 civic hatch? I've tried pulling on it but the front clamps don't seem to want to let go. Is there and easy way to remove it without destroying it in the process.

The reason why i'm asking is because i think the vent tube from the fuel tank is blocked and i was told its one of the copper tubes under the back seat coming from the fuel pump and i'm getting a really bad gas smell. Theres no leaks anywhere and the tank is solid and when i take of the fuel cap after its been running for a while, theres a huge WHOOOOSH of trapped vapours that comes out and that tells me the tank isn't venting properly.

Thanks in advance

Vic.

So that WHOOOSH is normal then? Isn't the tank vented? on my dodge caravan the tank is vented to avoid excess pressure in the tank and when i remove the cap theres no vapour release.

This car is fairly new to me and i'm still familiarizing myself with it.

Thanks for the info.

Vic.

Hey all. I found the problem with my fuel tank, Its leaking!!! Not sure where from i'll have to take it down and have a looksee. I put 3/4 a tank of gas in last night and this morning it was slowly dripping from the drivers rear side of the tank, not much but enough to be concerned.

Thanks all.

Vic.

any fuel leakage is of concern. its a major fire hazard. you have a several hundred degree exhaust running with in inches (or feet) of gasoline...
:blink:

I installed a new gas tank, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!. The old tank was full of CRAP at the bottom and the fuel filter was clogged. She revs real nice now and all the power is back. WHOOOOWEEEE :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks again to all who responded.

Vic.

Back