91 civic w/obd0 ls doent rev over 2800 new dizzy already

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattlsef

i have a 91 civic that ran when i got it but i swapped the motor with one i had in my integra it was 90 ls with loads of bolt ons and stock ecu when i put it in the ef i bought a wiring harness and a short instruction page from hasport and mounts and linkages from az race machine so now whenever i start it the engine does not rev past about 2800 and even that is a struggle for it. it has a strange smell and spits and sputters along with that the check engine light is on the ecu is flashing not exactly sure what or if it is a bad ecu i used the pr4 from the integra i do not have the o2 sensor hooked up because hasport told me it did not need one to run? i replaced the distributor changed the head gasket new timing belt i am pretty sure i did all that right also i changed the throttle body with one from another ls motor i had i live in western mass and o not have any shop that will look at it the ones that have did not fix it and they charged me over 1500 dollars please help me

You need to figure out what codes are tripping your CEL.

https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/88-ecu-error-codes-29109/

Once you figure that out, fix the problems indicated by the codes. I would also recheck your timing to make sure it's right, and I would install an O2 sensor. Not running an O2 sensor could very well be the problem with your car.

Your car is currently in limp mode. In order to get it out, you have to fix the problems the computer is saying you have.

if i read it right

george if i read the ecu right witch by the way was at least 2 months ago the flashes indicated a code 4 and a seven both seemed fast one opf them is ckp anf the other tps both have been changed but the o2 sens still has not been but when i had the integra the o2 sens was never installed and it ran great? i still am going to try to install it to check after all if thats all it was this whole time i will shoot myself haha do you think the fuel pump is to blame ? i have tred so many things and need much help thanks alot also if anyone gets this solvewd i would be more than happy to pay something cash ?

Try resetting the ECU. I usually just disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Run the car again and see what codes it throws at you.

There are a few threads on this site, and many more that can be found on the web regarding checking and testing your TPS.

I would recheck your timing, too.

did you swap the outside two wires of the tps sensor when you installed the b-series motor.... on most obd0 b-series swaps you need to swap the yellow and green wires

Back