91 crx si,90 b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i had the manifold laying around,its an obd1 mani so it flows better than my egr infested pos obd0 hunk of shit :),so ill try that after the manifold swap

i had the manifold laying around,its an obd1 mani so it flows better than my egr infested pos obd0 hunk of shit :),so ill try that after the manifold swap

Bad iacv. Especially if you cleaned it with carb cleaner or something.

You have to use electronics cleaner. Its an electric motor and the gear inside is plastic.

When it comes down to it, the only good iacv is a new iacv. Ive had tons of honda engines and tried more iacv's than I can count trying to fix similar issues like you have. If you buy a new one, the car runs dope.

Have you checked the resistance between the 2 terminals to make sure its within spec? The haynes or chilton manual will tell you whats its supposed to be. When you unplug the iacv, does the car idle smooth at 600 rpms? If it dies, the iacv is bad.

EDIT: Ive also seen a seeping head gasket cause this problem too. You get air in the coolant. Had this issue on my last d16a1.

Last edited:
i have no clue..i swapped manifolds and the new mani doesnt accept my iacv its bolt holes are too wide

Back