91 ef's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchnate91

i need speed i'm somewhat of a medium tech, workin on master's level but i ineed answers to what i should do i have a 91 ef. ineed to know what series B or D or zc would be my best option but i want reliable speed,plus something to build on?^_^

Well I would also try and suggest you go for b16A's... I fot an EF with one on it. Had no serious problem with mounting it just fit right in :)

so what about the crossmember no mods to it because back at school (lincoln technical institute) a buddy of mine in fuels class had a 91 crx and he had to make mods to jis b16 swap when it came down to the crossmember.

I'm puttin a b18a1 in mine, cheap and makes good power. It depends on what mounts you are using wether or not you have to pound the lip down so the mount sits flat, not really a mod just some hammer work

If you're looking for cheap, stick with the D-series. I spent about $450 on my complete engine swap and some mods and I'm able to beat some B-series(especially a lot of the non-VTEC ones). Having a light car really helps. With a built N/A D-series you'll be looking at around 130-160whp with off the shelf stuff. Going higher would mean custom work, thus a B-series would be better. You probably don't even have to swap; but just work off of your stock engine. Plenty of guys making decent power on the non-VTEC heads and if not that you can always do a mini-me.

If you're going to build it and make some power; you'd want to move up to the B-series or maybe even the H/F(not as much parts) or K's.

my ef has a b16a with a t3/t4 and i smile every time im in it and its not even tuned yet about 4.5 lbs of boost and it already screams. the sound of a honda motor hitting vtec, with turbo spool and a blowoff is a sweet symphony

i'm running a JDM B18B with a fully built Y1 cable trans w/KAAZ dif, innovative mounts, underdrive crank pully, fuel rail, FPR, MSD cap/rotor/external coil/wires, custom ITBs, JDM type-r spec header, test pipe, and a greddy exhaust, mine screams just fine for me.

im runnin a d16z6 in a 91 ef hb....i chose it because of my budget...if i had the cash i would have def went with a b series...i put in the engine and also changed the tranny from a 4 to a 5 speed also had to convert to obd1...the only trouble i had was the wiring harness on the engine...just sent it to rywire and they took care of all that bs..they sent it back ready to just plug right in...i am very happy with the swap, and it was also the first time i did something like that, this site was a huge help these guys are good and this shit!....the engine is a jdm engine i got from j-spec auto.com. i spent bout a grand on everything...hope i helped good luck bro

Back