91 integra engine setup help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'd check the main and cam journal bearings with Plastigauge (available at most auto part stores) to make sure they are within spec. If they are fine, then you shouldn't need to replace them, you'll just need to clean them thoroughly with alcohol, and them lube them up with assembly lube when you are putting things back together. If you have to replace them all, ACL makes a great bearing set, but they are green bearings per the honda color coding system, so if you are needing bearings that are differently sized than green to get tolerances within spec, buy them indivually from the honda dealership, acuraparts.net, or acuraparts247.com . You're gonna want to get the block hot tanked if you are taking it apart that far, IMO, especially if you are honing it. But if you are very meticulous about your cleaning, you can do it yourself. I'd definitely have a shop do the honing for you though, as you don't have the proper tools to check for out of round cylinders an such.

As for porting the head, it's not difficult, but if you don't have another $25 for an ls head in the event you screw up your porting job, don't do it. LS parts are DIRT cheap. I have two spare blocks just sitting in my garage.

Back