91 si b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

i have a 91 crx with a obd0 b16a. A few days ago my car started acting like it was running out of gas. i got to a gas station and turned the car off. after i got dont putting gas in the car wouldnt start. it was throwing like 4 or 5 differant codes but after i got the car to my house it stoped throwing codes. i started with the plugs and wires... 3 of the 4 spark plugs where fould( where replaced with new plugs and wires) and ther was alot of carbon build up. for some reason ther was some oil on them to. i dont how the oil would of got there... but i did find that 3 of the 8 valve cover bolts had come loose. anyway the next thing i could think of was maybe the timing was off. so i started to looking at my timing belt and relized that my timing was fine. i also have looked at the fuel system thinking that i wasnt getting fuel.. but its got fuel. the only thing i can think of is maybe the map sensor or maybe my tps sensor. itf its not the map or the tps i have no more ideas on what it could be. oh yeah i also just put a new intake manifold and 76mm throttle body on. maybe that has something to do with it not running.

Check out the link to my swap. It's in my sig, and 99sidude helped me out check it out I have the same problem.

bigger throttle body will actually hurt performance if you dont have all the other necessity's

maybe water in the gas tank??gas is lighter than water so the pump would pickup the water first..

maybe busted rings??
it could be alot of differant issues..
what were the codes?

i got it running yester day. it would have helped if i could have found my book a few days ago but it turned out that one of m friends tryed to help me by messing up the order of fire on the plug wires. the reason the car died in the first place was because the dissy cap and coil fried along with 3 of the 4 plugs. thats when my friend started messing(who went to U.T.I...i dont think he lurned anything there) with things when i was on the computer and messed things all up.after all was changed still wouldnt start... then i finnly got ahold of a book for a teg and got it running with in minutes

Back