91Civic B16 Swap no start up!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fast4u_civic

Hello
I been working on my 1991 CIVC that orignally had a 1.5l dual port injection. I purchased a JDM first gen B16 obd0. Got the install complete, Purchased the Multport fuel injection harness with the knock sesnor, 02 sesnsor and Vtec all wired in. Hooked all the Vac lines and the Ecu and everything today and was all excited to get it started. Guess what? The engine wont start!! The motor turns over and there is spark going to the plugs. After a few minutes or trying to start it I found that I was not getting any fuel coming to the motor. When turning the Key to the on position without starting I do not hear the fuel pump cutting in. Put a volt meter to the fuel pump and it was reading 0.5V so looks like theres no power going to the pump. Turn the key to ACC position and noticed that theres a red light flashing on the ecu. Can any of you experts help me please. I am so stressed out. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Ok that red light flashing on the ecu is ganna give you a code that code is ganna tell you your problem. its like morse code, a fast flash means (1) and long on mean (10) example.

3 short flash on long
thats a code 13.
i have that same motor and ecu check out my thread and you will find a link to a page with the problems on it. then fix the problem.

here is the code page link. find out the COde and look it up.
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/88-ecu-error-codes-29109/

NOT SURE if you haven't already fixed the problem but here is some info for your problem.

Take a multimeter and make sure you have ground to the fuel pump. Then apply power to the fuel pump. IF the pump does not turn then you have a bad fuel pump. This is usually the case since you have a 91 and probably haven't cleaned out the fuel tank.

IF the fuel pump does turn...THEN you may have a broken circuit. A bad MAIN RELAY/ or damaged wire.

You probably don't have a busted fuse because you said that you have spark but no fuel.

Hope this helps.

make sure you have gas in it too....i had a few idiots that worked on my car and i went over there and they said we just cant figure out why its not getting fuel and those idiots didnt plug in the wires that go to the fuel pump lol...i plugged it in and it started right up...so make sure everything is plugged in also....sometimes you accidently look over it....

check and make sure the grounds are hooked up to the engine, I think it's the ground connection at the thermostat housing, if it's not grounded then the fuel pump won't turn on.

also make shore your not using an obd1 distributor with a obd0 computer that will cause the same conditions but it should be the ground by the thermostat or the main relay

Back