92-95 hb hood to 88-91 hb? Direct fit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tokay

I'm trying to convert my 4th gen hb hood, headlight assemblies, and front bumper to fifth gen. Im shaving the corner lamps and using the stock 4th gen fenders which I have flared 4 inches. Will I need to change the core support. before doing this or is it a direct crossover. Are the hood and lights direct bolt on? I would check the junk yards but they don't have any 5th gens where I live, to take the needed measurments.

Thanks for any help with this prob. :blink:

i dont belive it will be a direct bolt on. i know that the latches are different but if it does fit, you can just mix and match the latches to work.

The dimensions are different, so I highly doubt it will bolt right up.

Cool I was just checking. Cuz if I did all the work I would be pissed if I didn't have to. Half the work is allready done anyway. Thanks for the feed back. One question
Are the guys with these conversions using glass hoods or metal hoods. I'm not trying to cut up a $600 carbonfiber hood to do this. And metal hoods are a bitch in the weight department. But I'll cut up a fiber glass hood if I have to. Get back to me. Thanks again. :eek:

Back