92' B18C5 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chainsaw

I have changed my mind completly im am going to sell my 91' Teg. and purchase a 92' civic hatch. The car i plan on buying is a 92' hatch (5spd) of course. the engine i wanna swap is the B18C5 Type R from a 2000 integra. what would i need for this swap to be complete. I read that most 92 civics were already wired for V-TEC and all that need be ran is the "knock sensor" whatever the hell that is :blink: and the IAB's? honestly im confused that is why im am here i need your help and the help is greatly appriciated :worthy: (the B18C5 i got only cost me $400 dollars :D )

Originally posted by Chainsaw@Oct 21 2003, 10:22 PM
(the B18C5 i got only cost me $400 dollars :D )

It is either stolen or seriously messed up (aka has a connection rod throught the block)

Originally posted by Chainsaw@Oct 21 2003, 09:22 PM
I have changed my mind completly im am going to sell my 91' Teg. and purchase a 92' civic hatch. The car i plan on buying is a 92' hatch (5spd) of course. the engine i wanna swap is the B18C5 Type R from a 2000 integra. what would i need for this swap to be complete. I read that most 92 civics were already wired for V-TEC and all that need be ran is the "knock sensor" whatever the hell that is :blink: and the IAB's? honestly im confused that is why im am here i need your help and the help is greatly appriciated :worthy: (the B18C5 i got only cost me $400 dollars :D )

did you just get the long block? complete engine? or the whole swap (engine, axles, tranny, ecu...)? either way, you'll need an obd-i ecu and if you don't know what a knock sensor is, you're pretty far from bein' able to do the swap yourself. also, ITR's don't have IAB's, that's the GSR.

I doubt its stolen his brother was buying tons of crap for his civic but lost interest and bought an RX8 so both of them were selling the engine. i got to see the RX those are some nice lookin cars though

You have to remember, the ITR at very least if beat to hell is worth 3 grand for the whole swap, an excelent ITR will go for up to 5k. There is no way that the engine is 800 and is legit. Run the vins, see if they are stolen.

I got the engine harness and tranny. im learning slowly but i am learning. but what do i need to swap the engine?

I want a type R for 400 bucks.

My brother in law(dealership owner son) can get it from a distributor for 2700 including shipping but hes not sure if it will be legit and whatnot and what year it came out of ect.

Please look at which forum you are posting in. This is not the 92-00 Civic forum.

I moved it for you becuase I am in a good mood right now.

u sure is just $400, and not $4000?????

hey after swapping that motor make sure they dont plan to come back and steal your car.
seen that happen many time, people buy cars/swaps for dirt cheap and after finishing the work, the car is stolen within a month. even before word gets out of the swap.

good luck

Originally posted by Chainsaw@Oct 21 2003, 09:22 PM

since a 92 hatch is OBD1 and a Type R engine is OBD2, you will have some wiring issues. I think you'll need an OBD1 distributor for that, but you'd better look around on the board about OBD issues. There are lots of posts about this.

an obd2 distributor will work with an obd1 ecu and vice versa, however the plugs are different.
same goes for injectors and the altenator.

that price is too good, fuck only an idiot would sell it for that, but if it is legit then good for you, but that is highly doubtful.

Originally posted by luVTEC@Oct 22 2003, 02:41 PM
since a 92 hatch is OBD1 and a Type R engine is OBD2, you will have some wiring issues. I think you'll need an OBD1 distributor for that, but you'd better look around on the board about OBD issues. There are lots of posts about this.

The USDM DC2 harness plugs right into the EG bay, so you can use the ITR harness, and only repin about five wires.

Back