92 civic cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

selica

Hi

just got a stock civic and i think the timing belt went. will valves hit? i found a b16a for 700.00cdn complete and the same guy has a b20. is it worth going there.
so many options damn i hate hondas

nice post.

did the valves hit when the belt went? its possible, but not always hte case. it wasnt at least for me.

you found a complete swap for $700 cdn? If so, what all comes iwth it? Mounts, trans, ecu, axles etc? The B20 swap, i would shy away from.

i hate hondas too.

so stock are interference fit, i have not taken it apart yet don't know the damage. 700 yup with trans,harness,ecu,axles and engine. b20 swap not worth it or too much bs.

yes, d and b series engines are interference engines. but, that doesnt mean the engine is trash.

$700 for a complete swap is pretty, good. how much did they want for the b20, and is it a complete kit? i would opt for the b16, imo.

so i got to looking at the stock motor and it is trashed hole through the block. i went to look at the b16a for 700.00 and it turns out not to be complete. its missing axles, shifter linkage, crank pulley and i didn't see the clutch cyl. but on the good side it's not a b16a it's a b18c.
not sure on the crv price but everything is there.

GSR swap is definitely preferable in power, but since all the stuff isnt there, the b20 almost sounds good to me. if you just need a replacement motor and are not worried about power, the b20 isnt bad.

i'm going with the b18 because lots of people say there overpriced but for 700.00 cdn it seems pretty good

plus i should be able to pickup the missing parts at a junk yard for relatively cheap.

i heard the flywheel from a b20 will work on a b18c.

not that i really care right at the moment but which one, go light or go for more hp.

Back