92 Integra LS bit the dust, need to know if a B18B will swap easily.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BooDaddy

Hello all.
My old reliable 92 Integra LS with a B18A finally laid down a few weeks ago. The timing belt broke while I was driving and I am sure the motor is gone. Besides, she had 233k miles on her, so its time for a new powerplant.

I am wondering how easy a B18B long block would swap into this car. I have a fresh clutch and the old tranny is doing great, so I am just really needing an engine. Can you guys suggest what would be a good cheap engine to swap into the car?

I am not looking for alot of power, as this is my daily driver. So what do you guys suggest to get her up and running with little effort.

Thanks in advance!

If you swap in the b18b1 just change the intake manifold, and maybe the dizzy. And there might be a few other things to swap...

Thanks for the reply. So, I should be OK by just picking up a B18B long block and swapping my old manis, dizzy, and accessories onto the new B18B block then right?

yeah a b motor for another. should bolt right up. the head on the b18b is much better too. may have to change the motor mount but the trans mounts are good.

Back