92 Prelude "best Possible Engine"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cwacura2001

Hey guys I recently bought a 92 prelude with a full body kit and 2 inch lowered etc. Really ncie lookin car from the outside but want to swap the engine out and really get it movin down the road. It has the non vtec engine in it now and I was wondering what is the best possible engine I can put in this car and keep in mind that i want to add stuff like turbo, NOS etc. PRICE is no Problem so let me know what the experts think :) I wanna see how fast i can get this car goin?

Thx guys

Chris

get a honda H22A1 motor,
it is a dohc vtech motor that rates about 190hp stock.
it is a prelude engine that came with the sh,si.
you probably have the f22a1,sohc non vtech motor.or the h23 dohc non vtech.
well, good luck.

First off, it's VTEC, not VTECH. VTECH makes shitty phones.

Second, get an H22 engine if price is no problem. You don't necessarily need an H22A1...they came in 93-95 USDM Preludes and made 190 horses. You can get an H22A out of a JDM Prelude that makes 200 horses, and it'll probably be cheaper.

Third, the H22A1 came out of the Prelude Si VTEC. The Prelude SH's were 97-01, and they had the H22A4 engine.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 27 2003, 10:41 AM
First off, it's VTEC, not VTECH. VTECH makes shitty phones.

Will they ever get it right? :lol:

i wanna no will a h22 motor fit in a honda crx the has a d16 cuse i dont no if i have enough space and i dont wanna buy the motor if it wont fit

Originally posted by Shonny@May 27 2003, 08:55 AM
i wanna no will a h22 motor fit in a honda crx the has a d16 cuse i dont no if i have enough space and i dont wanna buy the motor if it wont fit

Please start your own thread in the appropriate forum. Not only are you hijacking this guy's thread, it's in the wrong place.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 27 2003, 10:56 AM-->
@May 27 2003, 08:55 AM

Please start your own thread in the appropriate forum. Not only are you hijacking this guy's thread, it's in the wrong place.

hahahahahaha

Yea, this is the wrong place for it, but it will fit... not really worth it unless you want a pure drag car though.....It make the front end of the car WAY to heavy and it will prob be the worst handleing car you have ever driven. If you want power for that little car get a ls, b16, or a b18c1, and just build from there.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 27 2003, 10:56 AM-->
@May 27 2003, 08:55 AM

and - if you dont even know if that motor will fit, i suggest you not even attempt the swap.

Back