92 prelude h22 swap no start problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dcruz

i have a problem with my h22a swap. i have a 92 prelude si that had an jdm f22b in it before that. i used the ecu that was running the f22b and the harness also. i tried starting the car and theres no spark and no fuel. i was told that it has something to do with the crank sensor in the distributor. what could i do to get it started? does it matter that its not a p13 ecu

theres two connectors hanging behind the block, could one of them be for the crank sensor? and could i run a seperate harness from the distributor to one of thoese connects?

pics please?

saying 'there are two connectors' doesnt really help much. wire color helps, number of pins help.

if theres no spark your coil probably isnt getting power. if there's no fuel either your lines/filter are clogged or your pump is dead.

i checked the coil and theres power coming from the connected but theres no spark coming ou of the coil so im guessing its a bad coil. as for the fuel i have to check whether theres fuel in the regulator

its a p14 ecu i dont think it should matter it should styll start

p14's are for the H23.....That engine is completely different number 1. Number 2, if it started at all, it'd run like dog shit. I remember when i swapped my 92 Si it just shit all over itself with that p14.

got a little problem now i bought the computer for my h22a and started it up, the car ran for about a couple of mins and slowly died. wen i tried to start up again it sounds like theres no compression> i checked for spark and theres no spark!!!!!

someone help me please

I had feeling it could be that but would that make it sound like there's loss of compression? Wen I had the p14 ecu n it didn't start it at least sounded like there's compression!!!

I'm in a similar boat to you....I just got my H23 swap done today (from an F22). The car idles fine sometimes, and other times too high, and other times it dies. I Frankensteined my dizzy to make it work. (kept the external coil from the F22, in the H23 dizzy housing). I wonder if that is the problem...it something with that setup isn't happy.
I am going to subscribe to this thread to see what you do to figure your problem out.
Good luck man.

I hope that's only the problem and nothing more. I read up on a lot of h22 swaps in preludes and using the external coil shouldn't make a difference

i used the external coil in mine (after the igniter went out in the internal one). Worked great until the day the car was stolen.

got it all started just cant seem to get to idle smooth, once it gets to operating temp the engine vibrates more than normal, i tried adjusting the balance shaft belts over and over styll the same deal. what else could i do

Did you do the Propane test????

Let propane flow around the throttle body. If it dies out, you have a bad throttle body gasket, or some other vacuum leak there.

hey everyone im stilll having a little problem my car still vibrates when it warms up on idle, i cheked the plugs and plugs 3 and 4 were filled with oil, i was wondering if it has something to do with the rings... does anybody have any suggestions???????

probably wouldnt have the plugs you need unless you get an obd2 h22a.

i have one more problem everyone my h22a is running but when it warms up on idle the whole motor still vibrates and sounds like its only running on 2 cylinders...!!!

i checked the spark plugs and cylinders 2 and 3 are burning the plugs and 1 and 4 are totally clean...

what could the problem be!!!????

please help let me kno thanks

Back