92 Prelude H22a Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattlord42

I have a 92 Honda Prelude with the H23. It is an Si and has the 4 wheel steering. I was just curious as to whether the H22A swap would work, and whether or not the 4 wheel steering would still work if i did the swap.

This is off topic but the 4ws preludes are pimp!! I had one but on day while i had it sideways a curb ran out in front of me! Poor car :imgone:

I am not too worried about the aspect of physically fitting the engine into the car....i am just kinda worried about the wiring. Has anybody done this before???

Hey this is not going to be a real big help but I know it can be done! I was dinking around on ebay a few days ago and came across an old school prelude like the one you own and he had an h22 stuffed in there! you may want to do a search for it and maybe somehow contact him and ask him how he did it! :thumbsup: other wise theres always the late night searches on the web hoping for someone who did all the work for you! good luck

No, he's got a 4th gen Lude. They were manufactured from 92-96. There's no "stuffing" that engine into the engine bay, it CAME in there.

As for wiring....I think all you'll have to wire up is VTEC. I can't remember, but I think the H23 has a knock sensor, so that's just plug n play. As for VTEC, you need to run two new wires to the new ECU you'll need. That's it.

We know how to do the wiring for the motor swap. Our question is really concerning the 4 wheel steering. Will the H22a still drive the 4 wheel steering or is there something we need to do to block off the lines that go to the rear. We are asking this because of personal experience with Nissan engine swaps.... the HICAS option on them makes things a real PITA.

Thanks,
Matt

:spin: Well..how many miles are on ur h23...and do u plan on turboing your h22...if so..u might wanna stick with the h23....because their powerband works swell with boost...and it is a nice strong motor...with plenty torque...so....just an option OHHH!! and no VTEC TO WORRY about!! thats one of the reasons i havent really turboed mine yet...im really worried that turboing with the vtec with give me a hairyconiption..... :spin:

Dude, he was asking a simple question about the 4ws and an H22, not anything about should he go to an H22. So your reply was completely off topic. Sorry, just wanted to point out the obvious. As for 4ws and an H22, I know the 4ws actually came with an H22 in other countries. Check out this site, the guy owns one: http://www.preludecrazy.com/ . I'm not sure you'll need any additional parts. I don't think so because I think the 4ws is run off the computer. Once again not positive but thats been my understanding thus far. Hope this helps.

Back