92b16vx on the autobahn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haha, just like me when i drive to work! :) too bad its not legal here. i want some vid of you getting passed at 120mph by a ferrari or something :)

Oh P2P on campus at UT is awesome- I was pulling at 8MB/s Saturday night at a LAN party.

Just watched the video... that's awesome. :) Looks like you were doing what- about 120-130mph?

great video :thumbsup:

cant wait to hit the autobahn :D

Hahaha, didn't expect to see this here :) thanks Corie.

B16, I could have got one yesterday of a Mercedes doing about 160-170 passing me going 120, it was nuts.

Dohch22a4, thanks, it sounds a lot deeper on video, but still not loud or high in person.

Pissed, I was using my Canon G5, I have my tripod strapped in using the rear seats belts :) I am going to get one of the twisties to my wifes house.

Calesta, yea I touched 200 km/h in the last part, even though no one was in my lane, there was still traffic, and people have a tendency to dart out for no apparent reason, so I keep it reasonable :)

E, hurry up.

Slammed, y0! WoooWooooooooo

see I told ya that I would figure it out y0- i'm a little slow at the intardweb, but i'm figuring it out :)- now go out and get more footage :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Sobe_Death+Apr 19 2004, 11:37 PM-->
yeah at my school i average about 9.5 mb/s. that starts maxing out my ide hard drives.
must get serial!!!!

Damn, you must have some really old hard drives... mine are 2 years old, and they can sustain 50 MB/s transfers- and that's real speed, not interface speed.

92b16vx
@Apr 20 2004, 12:44 AM
Calesta, yea I touched 200 km/h in the last part, even though no one was in my lane, there was still traffic, and people have a tendency to dart out for no apparent reason, so I keep it reasonable

Cool. I was just looking at the position on the speedo and comparing to what I remember mine looking like- since I haven't been behind the wheel of a 5th gen Civic in quite some time.

I'll have to get video of my car once I get a cage and a camera mount. I need to get the nice roads around Austin. Khiem (old roomie) and I get some video of Lime Creek and 2222, but I had to hold an old ass VHS-C camera with my hands, so it came out like ass.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 20 2004, 08:29 PM

I'll have to get video of my car once I get a cage and a camera mount. I need to get the nice roads around Austin. Khiem (old roomie) and I get some video of Lime Creek and 2222, but I had to hold an old ass VHS-C camera with my hands, so it came out like ass.

:( We used to have FUN out there. Have you ever been up to Yucka Mountian rd.? It is gated now I think just a raising bar), but you can still walk up there. But if you haven't been, it is off Spicewood Springs, abit past the junkyard on the right. You go up to the top of that, and then off to the left is an old "road", go down that and then up to the other sides hill top, and there are remains of a housing project or something, REAL creepy.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 20 2004, 02:37 PM
:( We used to have FUN out there. Have you ever been up to Yucka Mountian rd.? It is gated now I think just a raising bar), but you can still walk up there. But if you haven't been, it is off Spicewood Springs, abit past the junkyard on the right. You go up to the top of that, and then off to the left is an old "road", go down that and then up to the other sides hill top, and there are remains of a housing project or something, REAL creepy.

I don't think it's Yucca (or however you spell it correctly). Everyone knows it as Lime Creek road. You just take 2222 out to 620, hang a left, then keep going. I think Lime Creek's real name out there is 1431 or something. It's about a 12 mile run one way, with TONS of crazy turns and elevation changes. You don't have to raise any gates to get on it.

The only problem is that quite a few of the motorcycle guys will tear around that road, and they ride on BOTH sides, even with all the blind corners. It can get pretty dangerous sometimes.

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 20 2004, 08:51 PM-->
@Apr 20 2004, 02:37 PM

I don't think it's Yucca (or however you spell it correctly). Everyone knows it as Lime Creek road. You just take 2222 out to 620, hang a left, then keep going. I think Lime Creek's real name out there is 1431 or something. It's about a 12 mile run one way, with TONS of crazy turns and elevation changes. You don't have to raise any gates to get on it.

The only problem is that quite a few of the motorcycle guys will tear around that road, and they ride on BOTH sides, even with all the blind corners. It can get pretty dangerous sometimes.

I know where you're talking about, but Yucca Mountian is the name of the place i am talking about, we were going to take the street sign we loved it so much. They put the "gate" across a few years ago to try to help stifle traffic some. You can't drive to where I am talking about though, that one road that goes down into the ravine is the only way in. Unless things have changed that much in the last six or seven years.

Back