93 civic B16A2 sputtering , running rich! HELLLLLP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

duele

Ok here it goes if anyone can figure this out my hats off to them !!! I just bought a 93 civic. Has a b16a2 swapped into it. Idles great, driving is not. It stumbles through acceleration has some power but not all of it, kinda boggs and spitts periodically throughout rpm curve. Basically runs like crap. No black smoke but my Air Fuel gauge reads rich almost all the time. I dont know what to do. other than car is great. The car drove fine when i first got it for a couple days then this started. VSS sensor was messed i got that working but didnt make a difference. FPR seems to be working fine. is it the dizzy? PLEAAAASE HELP no codes being thrown.

Sounds like its just running rich. Is there a chipped ecu in the car? That could be your problem most likely. Running a chip not made for stock engines is a mistake a lot of people make today. Can also be a bad o2 sensor as well, but I think its your ecu. Find a p30 ecu and use that.

I was starting to think that. To be honest I have no clue what cpu is being used in the car nor do I know how to check. Can I have my ecu reprogrammed? what ecu can I rip out of a car that will run my b16a2 in my 93 civic 99 si? or are they different? integra?

its funny too the other night the thing ran mint hauled some serious rear end. lol. now this crap could it be something stupid like fuel pump or clogged line but why would it run rich still. one thing I did notice was at WOT my air fuel gauge bounced back and forth on que with the sputtering almost like it gets fuel then dosent then does then doesnt wierd....all in all running rich and that theory destroy each other lol help me! aaaahhhh:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am running the p30 ecu i ripped it out the car and checked inside, its been chipped with something called PZ80. never herd of it. tried running my car without the chip in it today that sucked rear. I also put 87 octane in instead of 89 today that all made it bog like no other. Its like im hitting a 3500 rpm red line now just crap.I'm so disappointed in how bad this Honda runs. People destroy things this is my 9th Honda none of which have given me this many problems.

you're supposed to running premium fuel.. have fun with the knock

and its not running lean what so ever so you tell me how its going to be knocking? huh? common?

most likely a cheap eBay chip that dumps tons of fuel into the motor, you know the ones that claim to add 20 hp.. pttshshh!!

and its not running lean what so ever so you tell me how its going to be knocking? huh? common?

never said the quality of fuel will cause your problem.. jsut said have fun with the knock and ping running low grade gas

probably is a cheap peice of chip lol what do you think about the sppon chips on ebay or the mugen setup are they even real ?

those are the ones i'm referring to.. only way to actually get a good chip is to have one made for your application.. xenocron makes then.. might wanna check them out

i actually have a chip with a stock b16a map on it.. i had a regular chip burned and a modified chip burned for my p28.. it got stolen and i no longer have a Honda.. i'll sell it if you want it

Last edited:
p28 and p30 are similar i take it? I would love the chip to be honest only problem is payment and shipping and all that isn't covered. Dont really trust that route..

p28 is the single cam vtec ecu from the 92-95 EX/SI..

dont blame you for not trusting people on the internet, i hardly do myself..

could I try a p28 ecu in my car to see if thats my problem?> will it run my b16a2?

could i put the chip that already in my p30 in the p28 ? or does that require all kinds of soldering?

Back