93 civic daily driver build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtuner119

i have been trying to get back into the tuner scene. i had a 92 prelude before. engine swap, i/h/e, bodykit. it was a simple start and i gave it up when i became a father.
i recently acquired a 92 civic dx coupe. automatic. completely stock. i would have preferred a manual trans, but the car was free. i just want to make a nice daily driver with simple mods. basically show with some go.
wondering if anyone has any ideas of what potential im looking into or is it not worth it.

IMO (and im sure Im speaking for 95% of people here) its only worth it if you swich the car to manual trans and ditch the d15b7 in favor of something better. Better as in an LS swap. I feel that the ls provides the best combination of affordability and tuning potential out of all the engines available. I have a gsr in my hatch and I often think about what my car would be like if i saved money by getting an ls, then have money left to boost it.

i dont think i have the patience to do a conversion. atleast not for something that would take that much effort. im not building a 10 sec car. just something to ride in to work. simply rice. :D

I'd say add a basic suspension package, something like Tokico's HP kit. Not too expensive and perfect for a daily driver. Then maybe add a set of wheels, front lip maybe, TYC projector headlights. As for the engine I'd say intake and a subtle-sounding exhaust (think Apex'i World Sport or similar). If you're not going to swap to a better motor or swap to manual then don't put a lot of money into engine mods.

i thought about selling it. but like i said. it was free. i might make minor mods, then sell it. i'll post some pics tomorow.

here's the pics of the new project. i've decided to do a complete swap and conversion. engine, manual trans, ecu. anyone have any suggestions where to get it for a good price?

Attachments

• DSCN1161.JPG
    DSCN1161.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCN1162.JPG
    DSCN1162.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN1163.JPG
    DSCN1163.JPG
    350.8 KB · Views: 323
i've developed a wish list for this project. and the more i get into it, the more i plan to to.
starting with
auto to manual swap
probably go with a b16 motor swap.
rear disc swap
as soon as get started i'll post the pics.

just FYI, if you switch to a Stickshift tranny, and then buy a B16 motor, you are throwing away your money, D and B series transmissions are different, and if you pickup a manual trans and bolt it to the D15B7, you will need a different ECU, and then you will need ANOTHER ECU when you switch to a different motor. if you are doing a swap, you should do it all at once *Motor/Trans/ECU Wise*

honestly, after looking at the pictures, I'd leave it 100% alone, its in fantastic shape, and If you just want a daily driver with AMAZING gas mileage, thats a great car, and it will hold its value for a LONG time if you take care of it.

its still going to be a daily driver. and i was planning on doing it all at once. its just a matter of getting the parts together.

Back