93 dx build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93chaosdx

93dxowner
i have been looking around for motors and whatnot. i am leaning toward b18c1, but i want to build for boost. any ideas? also looking to modify suspension and brakes, still debating on who to go with for the suspension setup. i def like tein but dont want to pay alot for it, what other full coilovers can i use with an edfc if i do go with it? any and all help would be appreciated

c1 is ok for boost, I run 10lbs on mine and it doesn't mind. it's a little tough tho because of the compression, but it's gonna flow better and rev higher than a stock b18a or b plus it's got vtec. The b16 is a better choice all around though for a motor to boost, it has the best rod/stroke ratio and you still get the higher rev and vtec. I guess it comes down to what you wanna pay, b16's can be half as much as a gsr engine.

i just figure with the 18c1 has alot more potential and can handle higher hp numbers. still debating on brakes and suspension, anyone with any suggestions?

The c1 is good for hp numbers, but it has it's limits because of it's stock compression ratio of 10:1 and 10.5:1 if it's JDM.
Brakes and suspension all depnd on what you want to do.
Gsr brakes are an easy upgrade, front knuckles and spindles and rear trailing arms + the stock rotors and calipers, hoses and e-brake cables all from a 94+ gsr will give you full disc on the car, plus larger discs on the front over your stock setup. Then there is type R, you need knuckles, spindles, and rear triling arms with the rotors calipers, brake hoses and e-brake cables, this would be a step up from gsr in size, and will turn your car into 5 lug, which would mean you would need new wheels too.
There are powerslot upgrades too, as well as many other companies, it all depends on your budget.
Same thing with suspension, it all depends on your budget, I run KYB AGX adjustable struts with neuspeed 1.8" drop springs on my integra sedan with no problems, it's not as stiff as some suspension setups, but it only cost about 500-600 for the setup and the car rides real nice and looks good. make sure to add in camber kits front and rear and a toe kit for the rear so it is easy to adjust when you go for alignment. There are lots of different companies that offer wide ranges of kits, but with a car as light as yours I would stay away from coilovers even ground control because the spring rate would be too high for the weight of your car and it would ride like a brick.

bump for the teg brake swap. i have that on my gsr hatch. the braking is very powerful, and doesn't seem to fade the least bit on me even under high speed braking

i do appreciate all the replies. i was considering doing slotted rotors, but if the teg brakes work good, then i should save some cash that way. with regards to the swap again i want hp numbers in the high 200 to low 300 range. i know that will take some work. lol. at what time should i be looking to bore out the motor?
in regards to the suspension, thanks, now i dont have to drop over a grand for tein and an edfc!!!!

don't bother boring it if ur gonna boost it, you can make high 200s on the stock bore easy and it will be stronger for the boost.
look to the guys in forced induction for some advice on the whole boosting option.

again thanks for the replies. now another question to add to the mix. should i go jdm motor or usdm? i know it will be a little tricky with the wiring harness in the jdm, but as for as performance wise and cost wise who should i go with. and another question. blox racing... anyone have anything to say about their parts, especially cams and what not?
thanks again
Lcpl. Corey Sims
USMC/0311/LCPL

i was just wondering about blox. superstreet had a big article about easy horsepower gains, so i was wondering. thanks to all. i am not that great with wiring so i am probably going to stick with the jdm harness. got a great day up ahead, a sparkplug in my car was cross threaded i tried to change it and it broke, any suggestions other than pullin the head off?

i am now able to afford my longblock, should i invest and get the new axles shift linkage and lsd? thanks so much

i very highly recommend the lsd... the axles i got with my swap were refurbished. they have worked great so far

no i ran the stock radiator... and it sucks ass on hot days. I definately notice the car getting hot and loosing power, especially in city driving. I am going to get an integra radiator soon. I would recommend a del sol dual core radiator. If you want to get fancier go for a koyo or fluidyne. An integra radiator isn't a bolt on affair, I just have a welder to re-locate brackets.

i just bought my motorswap next week it will be in. and i am stoked about it. Still thinking about exhaust setup. any suggestions anyone?

Back